1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Purple highlights on Panasonic TH-42PWD3

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by TomTiddler, Jan 5, 2005.

1. TomTiddler

TomTiddler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Panny TH-42PWD3, which is now about 4 years old. I have been ecstatically happy with this unit (so happy that I also have a xxxD5 as well), but recently, I'm seeing strange purple areas on the screen. They are always in areas of almost white image, and appear to follow the contours of an image if that makes sense. The best description I can give is that it almost looks like the "whitest" pixels are being replaced with the wrong color (in this case purple/pink). Originally, I suspected my satellite box, as we have high-def satellite signals here (Canada), and they do all kinds of fancy digital processing in the satellite receiver, but I have also seen this behavior on one or two DVD's as well.

I have a fairly up-market Denon A/V receiver handling all the video, and can't think of anything else except the component cables are quite long from the Denon to the monitor (24 feet).

Anyone have any ideas??

Ian Telford

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    try unplugging and replugging cables at both ends and try a PC connected via a short VGA-VGA cable see if oddness is still present

3. Alfa man

Alfa man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello
    My sony KE32TS2 would appear to have started doing something similar I think it is a problem and am trying to get the service agent to look at it! (I have heard a description of solarisation sound similar, which is a possible panel change job)