Pureflow speaker cable

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Graham27, Jan 20, 2008.

1. Graham27

Graham27

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +976
    I just thought we should have a thread about this cable, as I see posts about it now and again. In most cases people are curious about it, possibly due to it's scarcity. Hopefully people use of have experience with this cable can enlighten some of us that are still in the dark !

Anyway, I'm curious that I frequently see people complaining about MA products being bright, and not to use a bright cable such as QED Silver Anniversary for fear of accentuating this issue. Therefore the construction of Pureflow cable seems unusual...

QED SA: four bunches of silver plated, oxygen free, spiral lay cable
    Pureflow: Six bunches of silver plated, oxygen free, spiral lay cable :D

I'm quite tempted to buy some to try as it's only about a fiver a metre, but I have plenty of QED SA cable in the house, and would rather buy something better, or at least different, to what I already have.

2. craigd

craigd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +130
    Its all much of a muchness in my opinion. I have used QED Silver Anniversary, QED Copper, Chord Rumour II and now have 4mm^2 copper bi-wire cable that is used in pro-audio. If its good enough for a studio its good enough for home use. Costs about £3 a meter for 4-core.

I honestly noticed no difference between cables and will not be wasting money on cable upgrades ever again.