Pure Sensia 200D Firmware Issue

Polux

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi, i have a frustrated bug with the last firmware 1.7, a short break audio internet radio every 5 or 6 minutes or one hour (randomely), i made many tests (factory reset ect..), during the recording radio with sensia i hear the bug but not in the mp3 recorded (then it is not wifi break) and with the firmware 1.6 i do not have this short audio break, pure to remove this firmware and now you can download only the 1.7

I Search The Firmware 1.6 Euro Pure Sensia 200D from pure.com (europe) :lease: Somebody has the zip file?

Last edited:
Hi Polux,

My unit updated from 1.5EU to 1.7EU and I have noticed this as well. Mine does it more frequently then once every 5 or 6 minutes and I thought that it was packet loss but maybe it's not. I'll record something tonight and check it out.

Can I ask if you have another issue. Since the V1.7 upgrade, DAB transmitted images are not being displayed when the Sensia is connected to the internet. All I get now is the Pure ad. I have spent days too-ing and fro-ing with Pure support UK (Pure Support Australia said they won't deal with firmware issues!). I have tested the scenario for many hours and only get DAB images displayed when I disconnect from my wireless router. The Pure helpdesk engineer has been extremely helpful but the techies are saying that the DAB image handling routine has not been changed from V1.5 to V1.7.... Well, in my case something has changed. If you get DAB images in your area, can you check and see that they are displayed when you have an internet connection as well?

Oh, and Pure UK will not give me a copy of V1.5EU either. So 1.7 or nothing. Besides, the unit will insist on upgrading once it is connected to the internet....

Hi Avo,

Me too for the images and firmware, i do not have images displayed only pure ad, the pureuk support don't want to send me firmware 1.6eu :thumbsdow , but Donna Franc-Cooper
Technical Support Supervisor has replicated the bug and told me:

"I can confirm that I have replicated this. Our engineers looking at a solution, if you can bear with me a little longer I will be back in touch when they forward me a solution so we can rectify this for you."

normally a new firmware with the bug fixed but When??:confused: one week, month?? i m very disappointed with the support don't want to send firmware 1.6eu for waiting the 1.7 bug fixed, incredible :facepalm:

Hi Polux,

Glad to hear that Pure will have an update to the update soon... I did a recording last night and you are spot-on. No drop outs in the recording whilst definite drop-outs in the live stream. Still could be packet loss related though.

I have had many radios in my time (mainly interested in old school MW/FM/SW) with the only digital radios I have being Pure units. Hardware-wise they are very very good but there always seems to be a firmware problem with them. My wife's One Flow has a display that regularly breaks up (whilst refreshing the LED display some pixels jump up a line for a second or two then corrects itself). This has been a consistent issue even with various firmware updates and as the unit is working well otherwise I haven't done anything about it. I had an Evoke Flow and that was terrible with constant lock-ups (to the point that I had to remove the ChargePak to turn it off as the soft touch button wouldn't work!!!) and random reboots. Even my Sensia reboots randomly.

Hopefully there will be an update for us shortly.

Regards,
A.

I am now in my 3rd Pure Sensia first two had faults - now when I power on it presents a screen to download firmware ver 1.8 - only option is to download as screen remains and you cannot cancel. Device downloads the update but does not install - anyone else having this issue ?

Hi Johnny,

I know what you mean about the quality control. Design is good, but build is shocking. With the download issue, this is typical of a corrupt download. My unit did this 3 times yesterday then finally hung. I had to rip the chargepak out. To resolve it, turn the unit off and disconnect your network connection. Download the firmware on a PC. Now unzip it. Mine would not unzip until the 6 th download saying the zip file was corrupt (which is what is happening with the Sensia download). Transfer the unzipped firmware file to the root of a fat or fat32 USB stick and update the Sensia manually. Make sure to do a firmware reset after the 1.8 update.

Pollux, 1.8 has resolved the Internet dropouts and the dab slides how. But the unit has spontaneously rebooted twice for no reason..... Hmmmmmm.

Btw - do your units have a strong unmodulated birdy on fm at 98.3 MHz?

Thanks - got it updatred now.

Agree superb design but poor build quality - although current one is working OK.

First unit kept loosing IP Config and Second one would not power off

I apologise for being a complete dope - is it just my unit or do these have a mini USB connector? How on earth do I connect my USB stick to that to update it?

I think I've solved the issue - my unit is an original Sensia. Anyone know if the updates will still work?

Had problems upgrading the software OTA which required multiple reboots. It has not made many advances. There is an occasional burst of the previous selection when a track starts playing in Pure Music. Also the network connection is occasionally dropped and then the radio crashes and reboots. Happening more often than before the update. All rather disappointing. With reliable software and a few more features it would be easier to recommend the Sensia.

Before I realised, I asked the Pure Helpdesk and this is the response - you don't ask, you don't get:

1 Message by you on Mon, 2nd Sep 2013 12:17 pm
Hi, are the software updates for the Sensia 200D compatible with my original model? If not, any chance of a swap?

regards

Ed Adkins
2 Message by our staff on Mon, 9th Sep 2013 3:05 pm
Hi

No the software updates are not interchangeable. It is not possible for us exchange your units. Sorry about that.

Regards

Donna Franc-Cooper
Technical Support Supervisor, Pure
PURE HelpCentre Helpdesk

the radio crashes and reboots. Happening more often than before the update. All rather disappointing.

Yep. My unit will also reboot spontaneously at least once per day. It is more prone to doing this when listening to digital radio (DAB+ here in AU). There seems to be a bug in the DAB slideshow handling code (at least it's there, in V1.7 it was completely broken) where it hangs when attempting to display certain images.

After having all manners of issues with my Evoke Flow which I replaced (at no cost to me) after 3 faulty hardware units with a One Flow and then having this Sensia 200D with many operational bugs (software and hardware), I am going to jump ship once the new Sangean WFR-29D arrives in Australia. Even though it is a traditional unit without touch screen or colour or apps I never use, I can be sure it will deliver the performance I expect at a price significantly less than the 200D.

A.

I looked at the Sangean WFR-29D as I share your doubts about the Pure build quality/software bugs. It look like it will take audio streaming but then it says it decodes MP3/WPA via media player. Does this means it won't like FLACS via UPnP?

Hi, what is your recomended Wifi setting for errors free using Sensia 200D? I have problems with internet radios, when Sensia sometimes (after 5, 10 or 60 minutes) disconnect from stream, switch to Browse view and display "The content is temporary unavailable" and then "No content playing". I tried to PING Sensia on my Wifi and loss rate is about 10%. On the other devices is loss rate lower, cca 2-3%.
D-Link DIR-860L, mixed n, g, b, CH11, WPA2, fixed IP for Sensia, FW 1.9EU

I have had no such problems since upgrading firmware to 1.9. Sounds like the wifi reception is poor - what is the signal strength like on the Sensia display? I usually get above 40%. I don't think you need to mess around with wifi settings other than possibly trying another Channel if there is interference from other networks.

Hi, could you someone try to use timed recording for recording custom internet station? I have problem with last two FW´s. When I use timed recording for station added by Pure, recording is OK. But when I try to record custom station added by me, I´m succesfull in 1 from 5 cases. Completely randomly.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom