PURE POP Maxi DAB+ FM Radio Review & Comments

Thanks Phil. Without having heard it I guess that I would have preferred that this came with a single larger transducer, such as is in my similarly-sized Nakamichi radio that also features a handy dedicated sleep-timer button. How is sleep-timing (briefly shown in your video) implemented in the POP Maxi?

How is sleep-timing (briefly shown in your video) implemented in the POP Maxi?
Not sure I follow what it is you want me to do exactly. Let me know and I'll test for you while I still have the unit.

What is sound comparison compared to Sonos Play 1
Well the Sonos Play 1 is not a radio as far as I am aware (it's a wireless speaker) and also costs quite a bit more. I also don't have one to hand to compare, but if you are keen I am sure you would be able to find a store with both to test, like a local John Lewis or Currys where they will stock both.

Not sure I follow what it is you want me to do exactly. Let me know and I'll test for you while I still have the unit.
How does one instruct the radio to turn itself off in a predetermined amount of time and what are the options for the amount of time that can be selected? Does interacting with the radio whilst it is waiting to turn itself off, for instance adjusting the volume or changing station, interrupt the sleep-timer mode so that the radio has to be reprogrammed to switch itself off?

It works in 15 minute selections up to 60 minutes, then a 90 minute selection. It doesn't appear that changing anything alters the sleep timer, but I'm testing that now to make sure.
EDIT: Works fine. Set it for 15mins, then changed station a few times and the volume and it still went to sleep after 15mins. Hope that helps.

(BTW - it's dead easy to set using the menu button, direction keys and select key)

I know this radio/thread is a little out of date but its cheap on Amazon at the moment; I have concerns based on reviews that the sound quality is poor. Is that really the case or is it good enough for a smallish room and to connect the ipad to for slightly better sounding videos?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom