1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pure Pocketdab 2000

Discussion in 'Music Streamers' started by foghorn, Oct 14, 2005.

1. foghorn

foghorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
  2. smcgirr

smcgirr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Foghorn,

Not yet but I am certainly excited about recieving mine which we are told will be the end of the month. I have tried many handheld DAB's and to be honest they havent really lived up to what I require from a DAB radio (although the Perstel 301 is close).

This hopefully is going to break that opinion and why oh why cant i get it now :(

3. Scoobiesnacks

Scoobiesnacks

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    I'd be intersted in how someone finds this product. I nearly bought one tonight but then I read what hifi magazine only gave it 2 stars and said it was disappointing

4. huwg

huwg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +121
    Don't read too much into WHF's reviews, they tend to have a 'flavour of the month' all too often, ;) mind you, 2 stars doesn't sound promising :rolleyes:

5. foghorn

foghorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Any chance of summarising what they thought was wrong with the product?

I know someone who owns the PURE PocketDAB 1000 and they are very happy with the product.

Steven,

I see you sell the Perstel Adapt DR301 (DAB/FM/MP3) this looks to have a similar spec to the Pure, how does this model perform?

Foghorn

6. Scoobiesnacks

Scoobiesnacks

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    I don't have the whole review - just the summary from the back pages of What Hi Fi where they say "Disappointing - feels cheap and sounds characterless"

7. smcgirr

smcgirr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm interested in having a read of the What Hi-Fi article if anyone knows where I can get a look at it. Other reviews I have read have been very favourable towards the 2000 albeit a lot saying it is a rather larger unit than some of the other handheld DAB's available.

There are a few reviews for it around the web but one site we tend to use a lot are at (http://www.trustedreviews.com/article.aspx?art=2046)

Foghorn, as for the perstel 301. Personal preference says it is not as 'sexy' looking as the 2000 (if a piece of electronic equipment can be sexy) but does indeed perform well and has most of the features of the 2000. Yes it doesnt have the fancy text store (or txt store) and it's only Dual band (no L-Band) but has all the SD card functionality (no timer record though) and has the added benefit of lpaying back WMA as well as MP2 and MP3.

All my own personal opinions and I am not trying to sell you anything.

8. SAP7

SAP7
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Any long term opinions from owners? I want an ipod crossed with a DAB radio.... Is this the answer , or should I keep waiting?
    I have heard the sound isn't A1 and its a bit cheap n plasticy??

Thoughts?

9. infobase

infobase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After playing around for a day or two here are my thoughts on some of the above...

Chunky/Cassette Walkman sized device.....hardly a Nano!!

build quality seems OK, and sound reproduction is good (replace those supplied earphones though!)

Deficiencies (in version 1.0 software anyway)....

No support for any other encoding/decoding than MP3/MP2.....not sure what the bit rate limits are on this or whether VBR is supported as I havn't tried yet. Come on Pure.....some support for MP4 variants such as AAC would be welcome even if WMA is omitted.

No support for playlists!!

No support for EPG and no support for timed recordings.

10. starfleet21

starfleet21

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just bought one of these dab2000 and does anybody know how to get started with the MP3 player regarding downloading music onto the dab2000?

At the moment I'm not getting anywhere. Can anybodies give any information?:lease:

11. Churnobyl

Churnobyl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    was thinking of buying one of these,but reading these maybe not. have a minidisc and a perstel101 dab at the moment and wanted to listen to my own stuff and dab radio but it seems the manufacturers arent giving us what we want. does sony do a radio/mdisc walkman i wonder?:thumbsdow