Pure HDMI Cable vs. HDMI that plugs into component cable port vs. Component Cable

C

Coxy1130

Ok there are other posts that reflect this but none look at all 3.

Now my point, is the pure HDMI cable that plugs into the HDMI port such as on the 360 Elite any better at displaying HD than the HDMI cable that plugs into the port that the component cable plugs into on the premium and core consoles and if not is there any point upgrading to the core and premium HDMI cable?

Also are the HDMI cables significantly better at displaying graphics than the component cable or is it purely to join the sound and graphics together into 1 plug.

Now my point, is the pure HDMI cable that plugs into the HDMI port such as on the 360 Elite any better at displaying HD than the HDMI cable that plugs into the port that the component cable plugs into on the premium and core consoles and if not is there any point upgrading to the core and premium HDMI cable?

Also are the HDMI cables significantly better at displaying graphics than the component cable or is it purely to join the sound and graphics together into 1 plug.
Yes, using an HDMI cable will be better as it's a 100% digital signal. Plugging Component into some convertor to get HDMI output means you're converting an analogue signal into a digital signal so it will not be as good.

As for whether HDMI is that much better, it all depends on you and what TV you're using. It should be clearer and sharper but plenty of people are happy with using component or VGA still and personally I'm not bothered about HDMI.

You cant get an HDMI cable that plugs into the AV output on the 360, the only way to use HDMI with the 360 is to buy one of the newer models with HDMI output.

You cant get an HDMI cable that plugs into the AV output on the 360, the only way to use HDMI with the 360 is to buy one of the newer models with HDMI output.

Yeah you can, iirc there are at least 2 on the market now (not official MS of course but hey ho)

I too am interested in this.

I want to know if anyone has had one of these convertor cables and whether it actually works.

I need to put hdmi through my amp as it downscales component from 1080i to 720p :thumbsdow

Only other alternative i see is to be a 360 arcade as this has HDMI and i presume i can just plug my existing 360 HDD into - et voila - near elite capability (barring of course it ain't black and a smaller HDD)

Has anyone got one of these cables? They're made by Madcatz or XCM!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom