Pure Evoke F3 Station query??

Richsherman

Novice Member
Hi all, newbie here:hiya:. Wonder if anyone can help?? I recently purchased a Pure Evoke F3 to replace my old Roberts, that's now happily playing away in the garage, but my new Pure seems to be playing a different station than my Roberts. I regularly listen to Radio10 60's and 70's Hits, from the Netherlands, its a brilliant oldies station with no talking or adverts!!! but on my Pure it is Dutch but a completely different station, more a local one????. Both radios are tuned into the same station from the drop down list menu, but they are definitely two different stations. Anyone got any thoughts please??

RBZ5416

Distinguished Member
I'm assuming these are Internet streams? Presumably each radio can display the properties & therefore the URL address of what it's tuned to.

A quick search suggests that there are multiple Radio 10 streams with different programming, a bit like Absolute.

So you may need to identify the URL of the stream you want & manually "tune" that on the Pure.

Richsherman

Novice Member
Sorry should have said, yes they are Internet stations. Radio 10 in Holland does stream quite a few variations of its main station. There is no particular URL of the "60s and 70s hits" as the only way to listen to it is either through the main Radio10 site or a third party streamer. The only way to select it, on my Pure is from the drop down box. All I can think of is that the database of the stations, on the Pure is different to my old Roberts. Thanks for your thoughts anyway.:lesson:

RBZ5416

Distinguished Member
The Pure has a button marked Info, which I would expect to show details of the URL of any tuned station. I'd expect the Roberts to have similar. The Pure manual also talks about "Manually added stations", so must be possible to add the same URL that the Roberts is using.

Seems there's also an app that may provide info on the stream.

Edit
Try one of these in a browser to confirm it's the correct station:

If it is, it's then a case of finding how to add a stream manually & selecting which format (AAC or MP3) the Pure supports.

Last edited:

Richsherman

Novice Member
Have just checked the info button and all it does is scroll through, playback buffer, reliability, bit rate, codec, and sampling rate, etc but no URL. There is a dedicated site for Pure called Flow Live but its not that good and tends to lock up a lot. Might invest in another Roberts have always liked them.:)

Richsherman

Novice Member
Ahhh right gotchya :thumbsup:, Grandsons birthday today out visiting, so will give this a try later on and will let you know how how I get on.:)

Richsherman

Novice Member
Hello, right, great idea!!!!!, have copied both URL's several ways and made custom stations through Flow Live and guess what they are all displayed on my Pure, but will they play!!!! will they eck! just shows them as "connecting" then "re-connecting" So have given up, got a Roberts 94i coming tomorrow so going to give that one a try and compare before I decide on which is the best one to keep. Thanks for all your info, have certainly learnt a few things.👍

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom