pure evoke 3

tobydog1961

Standard Member
hello there i am a new member so sorry if this has been asked, i am about to get evoke 3 can anyone tell me if you can play any mp3 player on it, aslo is it the best evoke out there thanks .

12global

Standard Member
yes you can play an ipod/mp3 player through the evoke-3. i have done it many times. I believe it is still the most expensive Pure DAB radio available (non hi-fi seperate) so many regard it as the best available model.

tobydog1961

Standard Member
hi and thanks, also can you tell me as i have seen the older model 99.99 as dixons told me that there is a new one out,199.99 so do u think thats the 99.99 model will be ok thanks again.

HMHB

Distinguished Member
I wasn't aware that there was a new model of this out :confused:

tobydog1961

Standard Member
ok thanks, the man in currys said this was the older model??, so i think i will buy it for 99.99 thanks again. i hope it has has the features that is say in reviews.

HMHB

Distinguished Member
I would email Pure and ask them as I could be wrong :D If you go on their website there's a place where you can contact them and ask questions. They usually answer promptly.

tobydog1961

Standard Member
hi have now got my evoke 3 great stuff, but can someone help cant get epg to come up done everything it say but all the stations say not available for this station but it say it on everyone please help thanks.:rolleyes:

illtud

Standard Member
hi have now got my evoke 3 great stuff, but can someone help cant get epg to come up done everything it say but all the stations say not available for this station but it say it on everyone please help thanks.:rolleyes:

What's the installed firmware version? (go to menu... software upgrade). You'll need v1.8 at least for the EPG to work with UK DAB (as I understand it). Some already come with v2 firmware out of the box, but the one I received yesterday is at v1.6 and once I find a windows box to connect it to, I'm hoping that upgrading to firmware v1.8 (first link on EVOKE-3 Documentation, Updates and FAQ's - PURE Digital) will give me EPG. That's my reading of the release notes at least.

Does anybody know what v2 (which isn't downloadable) would give me that v1.8 doesn't? I'm not too happy with pure if there are new functions not available to existing customers. It may be that there's an evoke-3 v2 with hardware changes that means that I'll never get past v1.8. Anybody know?

tobydog1961

Standard Member
my evoke says 1.4 so i looked at the download and its says xp, as i am vista i am trying to download it but it say on the radio waiting for upgrade its been on there for 20 min can you help,and also where does it say what version u have thanks.

Fat Tony

Tobydog - I just went to Currys, and this was at the full price of £199.99 when I took it to the till (even though the price on display was £169.99!). Anyway, was the £100 offer in store or online?

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom