Pure Evoke 3 Randomly Turns itself on!?

Jocky Wilson

I've got a Pure Evoke 3, and for some strange reason it will just randomly turn itself on once or twice a day. There is no clear pattern to it and it will even happen when the thing is unplugged.

Anyone heard of this problem or have any idea's on a fix?

Thanks,

JW

Jocky Wilson

Please tell me you have a battery pack fitted :rotfl:
Well no - and that's the scary thing.....
ok, so I lied there. But I'd still like to know why it just comes on without invitation when the battery is fitted.

scotty38

Well can't help you there I'm afraid as mine doesn't do it. Well it might but if it does it switches itself back off again before I get home.....

Rapid 17

I found the following on Amazon. The person is having problems with a Pure Evoke 2S. It would seem a fix is available for the 2S so maybe a fix is available for your Evoke 3; get in contact with Pure the company and tell them your problem.

From Amazon.

It's a great radio - lovely sound - but ... I'm on my second one now, and it still has problems. The first one wouldn't turn on under battery power (the optional Chargepak). So Amazon sent number 2. This one - wait for it - won't turn OFF under battery power.

Here's the good bit. Pure's technical person said that I'd need to download something 'onto my PC' from their site which would fix it. I use a Mac. "Sorry, we don't support Macs". "I don't have a PC, so can you sent me a new radio that works?" "No, because we've solved the problem". "Solved the problem? The problem ISN'T solved - the radio still won't turn off - you just want ME to fix it".

Basically, as I understand it at the end of that conversation, any replacement radio that a retailer might have in stock would suffer from the same issue and would need the fix downloading and installing. So I'm deeply unimpressed. Pure have sold a radio that doesn't work properly. Owners are then expected to fix the problem themselves, and they not only have to have a computer to do it, they have to have one type of computer. I don't know about Pure. I'd say that was Poor.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom