Pure Evoke 3 EPG and LBC probs.

Discussion in 'Music Streamers' started by robzter, Jan 4, 2007.

1. robzter

robzter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Does anyone know why the EPG doesnt work for LBC radio? i want to program the radio to tape the steve allen show every morning .the EPG logo comes up but when i select guide it comes up with no program guide avaliable.

2. jifster

jifster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mine is the same, just do it as a timed event although that may be opening another can of worms or at least it did for me.

I need to sit down and run some tests with mine as when I try to program 2 events it always says the 2nd event coincides with the 1st even if they are different times completely. :confused:

I also have 2gb sd cards and it keeps telling me they are full or not recognised even though they are no where near full and have been formatted using the Evoke. I suspect that is a compatability issue with the Kingstone SD cards and the unit.

Apart from these issues i'm really pleased with the radio, it's just a shame I have these issues.

3. smcshaw

smcshaw
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I bought the Pure Evoke 3 a week ago and got a 2GB Scandisk card and I've the same problems.

It keeps saying the card is full or says it can't find the disk. If I switch it on and off at the wall it seems to then work.

I've already lost several programs I wanted to record and all in all I'm not very happy.

I have flashed it to the 1.6 firmware and I'm wondering if this is the problem. I plan on ringing them tomorrow to see if a solution is in the pipeline.

4. smcshaw

smcshaw
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Having done a bit more digging on the internet I now believe the problem is my Sandisk card (bought off amazon marketplace) is a fake.

I didn't really look to buy one off a market place, went to amazon followed the link and ended up with one for peanuts.

Lesson learnt.

Will look for a refund and get a new card and report back. Though I won't be happy if it still does it!