• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Pure Evoke 3 - Alarm anomaly

R

runningw

Anyone found that a set alarm on the Evoke 3 has failed to go off? (version 2.0 software)

On two occasions now an alarm (set for music to play from the SD card) has not gone off. I noticed on the second occasion that the alarm 'bell' icon was in outline rather than solid.

I am trying to get to the bottom of why this happened as not having 100% confidence in an alarm is not very comforting. In the meantime, always check that the current set alarm has a solid bell icon to be sure it will trigger.

scotty38

Established Member
The solid versus outlined icon only denote the time left before the alarm goes off. I can't remember the exact time but let's say it's 8 hours - if the alarm is due to go off in under 8 hours then it's a solid icon if not it's outlined.

Are you sure the time set is correct?

fred67

Established Member
Hi
My Pure Evoke 3 alarm failed to go off this morning after having worked flawlessly since buying it a couple ofweeks ago. The only different thing I did was fit my new Chargepak battery last night-the latest type CL-6. Could this be a coincidence?

hannahntilly

Standard Member
My Pure Bug is mains only so that isn't my problem. I think the comment about the EPG save process may be a possibility. When my Bug shows a message that the EPG is being saved, all controls are inoperative - perhaps if the EPG save operation coincides with the alarm event, then the problem manifests itself.

I could disable the EPG save but as the problem has happened to me only 4 times in about 15 months, it is very difficult to predict. When it happens, it's very irritating!!

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom