Pure Evoke 1s and Evoke Mio & Manchester Recepton

M44Bird

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello,

So I'll try and keep this brief

I'm in Salford and I have both Evoke 1s and Evoke Mio
Both are DAB+ ready and have the latest firmware upgrades.
Both radio's display the DAB+ stations that I want to listen to (I like to listen to Mi-Soul and JazzFm) however where ever I go in the house I can't get the stations to play!

I re-tune and can't get them.
When I go to the settings option and scroll through to 'info', this shows the signal quality varies between 74 and 95. And the scroll option just says 'Trial Manchester'! (Does this mean these

I'm curious because I also have a Pure D4 Bluetooth that sits int the kitchen and plays both Mi-Soul and JazzFm with no problem. But these older models don't seem to work in my house.
Am I doomed or does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get these station to play on the older radios?

I'm wondering if I need to get some sort of aerial booster?
Or do I need to accept that even thought the older models show the station in the display when re -tuned, they can't actually play in my part of Manchester?

DAB is crap to be honest. I have an Evoke 2 and I'm in line of sight to the tramsmitter which is on a hilltop about a mile away. No buildings or any kind of structure interfere with the signal but there is are two rooms in the house where the reception is very poor. There are days when the signal is continually breaking down. FM is much more stable.

An external aerial may help in your situation.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom