Pure direct?

sim12

On my Yamaha 675 all the speakers are set to small, if I use pure direct will that then make stereo sound speakers L/R automatically go to large or will they remain small as per preset?

gibbsy

The direct mode by-passes any bass management and sends the full range to the speakers so they are treated as being large certainly when receiving a stereo signal.

dante01

Distinguished Member
As said, the PURE DIRECT mode bypasses all bass management settings so all speakers would be regarded as LARGE and none of the receiver's crossovers would be in effect. THe only thing being conveyed to the sub while in the PURE DIRECT mode would be the LFE channel if and when present. Stereo sources do not include an LFE channel and only multichannel soundtracks include this.

You'd be advised not to engage the PURE DIRECT mode if you've sat or small speakers reliant upon the sub for bass. You'd ideally want floorstanders if wishing to benefit from using the PURE DIRECT mode.

rccarguy2

Distinguished Member
Should be fine for music from cd's as long as decent size standpoints. Bit if you have tiny satellites then I wouldn't use that mode, and especially not with movies

sim12

I have MA BX5 floorstanders so all should be good for the little bit of music I listen to, thanks for all the replies :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom