Pure Digital Avanti Flow v Vita Audio R4

Discussion in 'Music Streamers' started by mattheww_nz, Jan 30, 2009.

1. mattheww_nz

mattheww_nz
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I know they are about £220 different in price but wanted to hear people's views on whether the sound is comparable between the two?

What HiFi gives the Pure 5 stars and only 4 for the Vita but not sure how much to read into this as other reviews also give the Vita 5 stars.

I like the idea of streaming music from my laptop via wireless but also having a CD player... Ultimately I want the best sound quality.

Any thoughts?

2. simon100

simon100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I have a vitaaudio R2, the one without the CD, and the sound quality is excellent. I have a decent dock for my iPod playing through the phono inputs and you can't tell the difference between this and the CD in my cd player.
    The Avanti has internet radio of course, which will cost you another £100 to add to the vitaaudio.

3. mattheww_nz

mattheww_nz
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that. When you say £100 to get internet radio on the Vita R4 how do you do that - I didn't know it was an option?

4. simon100

simon100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Sorry to confuse.
    It is not an option on the vitaaudio, but you could purchase a Revo Mondo, Revo Mondo Wi-Fi which is about that amount and plug it into the phono sockets.