Pure Camembert(with possible spoilers)

lovemunkey187

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Inspired after the hair on the back of the neck thread. So what lines or scenes to you lot are just too cheesy?

ARMAGEDDON - y'all know what I'm gonna type here.
Miss Stamper? Colonel Willie Sharp, United States Airforce, ma'am. Requesting the permission to shake the hand of the daughter of the bravest man I've ever met.

BACKDRAFT - there are actually 2 in this, the first one issaid by a few of the characters
You go. We go.
and the second is said by Kurt Russell, near the end of the film
Look at him... That's my brother god damnit.

RAW DEAL - this not a line it's a scene. Even when seeing this as a 10 year old, I wanted to make a toastie out of it.
Ahnuld is in a convertible with a shed load of guns, of he pops to attack the bad guys at one of their operations which happens to be a quarry. He inserts a cassette onto the stereo, the music starts, it's The Rolling Stones' (I can't Get No) Satisfaction. H then proceeds to drive around blowing **** up.

"No it was beauty that finally killed the beast" - King Kong. What a good film it was, and what a rubbish last line it was.

Iceman: You can be my wingman any time.
Maverick: Bull***t! You can be mine.
- Top Gun. The 80s at its very best/worst.

The bit where Maverick sings "That Loving Feeling" in Top Gun. Fromage city. Plain dreadful.

The romancing of Anakin and Padme in Attack Of the Clones - just utter nonsense. If Zucker, Zucker and Abrahams were to try to spoof it then they couldn't - it is that bad.

Almost any line in Greece. Especially the bit at the end "I've got Chills -they're mutliplying". Yikes!

All of Dirty Dancing / Ghost / anything with Mr Swayze

But the worst offender of them all is the speech by the President in Independence Day "Good morning. In less than an hour, aircraft from here will join others from around the world. And you will be launching the largest aerial battle in the history of mankind. "Mankind." That word should have new meaning for all of us today. We can't be consumed by our petty differences anymore. We will be united in our common interests. Perhaps it's fate that today is the Fourth of July, and you will once again be fighting for our freedom... Not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution... but from annihilation. We are fighting for our right to live. To exist. And should we win the day, the Fourth of July will no longer be known as an American holiday, but as the day the world declared in one voice: "We will not go quietly into the night! We will not vanish without a fight!" We're going to live on! We're going to survive! Today we celebrate our Independence Day!
[Crowd cheers] "
*Audience Sighs*

Predator -

Poncho - You hit, your bleeding!

Blaine - I aint got time to bleed..

Dunno if it badly delivered lines count as cheese or not but if they do where would a thread like this be without...

Aliens

They mostly come at night...... mostly

Makes me cringe every time heh. :rotfl:

spencer_uk said:
The bit where Maverick sings "That Loving Feeling" in Top Gun. Fromage city. Plain dreadful...

Almost any line in Greece. Especially the bit at the end "I've got Chills -they're mutliplying". Yikes!

All of Dirty Dancing / Ghost / anything with Mr Swayze...

These only look like old stilton today but I bet in their day they were fresh cheddar. :D

Maverick's song in Top Gun I'm sure was the first time we'd seen this kind of kareoke comedy singing that has been lampooned ever since (especially so humerously in the spoof of TG, Hot Shots.)

Greece was supposed to be OTT as it was itself lampooning movies that had gone before. And practically every song from that movie has gone on to become classic disco cheesy floor fillers. (as opposed to sandwich fillers.:D)

And Mr Swayze, what can I say. Well, you'd have to ask the missus about that one. :rolleyes:

Jaymzee said:
Predator -

Poncho - You hit, your bleeding!

Blaine - I aint got time to bleed..

this isnt cheese!!!! this is one of the most classic lines in scifi cinema! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Knyght_byte said:
this isnt cheese!!!! this is one of the most classic lines in scifi cinema! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Classic it may be, but it's still delivered with slice of edam (cheese!:D)

Andy Trump said:
Dunno if it badly delivered lines count as cheese or not but if they do where would a thread like this be without...

Connie Neilsons requiem for Maximus followed by Derek Jacobi delivering a line to a standard not often seen outside a school play at the end of Gladiator - very bad cheese.:thumbsdow

Con Air - Mondo-cheese-tastic with extra cliché. :thumbsup:

In Tron, Sark and Tron face off and sark shouts - 'you should have joined us, we'd had made a great team! :rolleyes:

Andy Trump said:

Aliens

Makes me cringe every time heh. :rotfl:

I've always had a big problem with the scene in the directors cut...just before ripley departs the drop ship to resuce newt..

Ripley "See you hick's"
Hicks " It's Dwayne"

Ripley "Ellen"
Hicks " Dont be gone long Ellen" ..

((cringe)) it's just cheeese!

spencer_uk said:
But the worst offender of them all is the speech by the President in Independence Day "Good morning. In less than an hour, aircraft from here will join others from around the world. And you will be launching the largest aerial battle in the history of mankind. "Mankind." That word should have new meaning for all of us today. We can't be consumed by our petty differences anymore. We will be united in our common interests. Perhaps it's fate that today is the Fourth of July, and you will once again be fighting for our freedom... Not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution... but from annihilation. We are fighting for our right to live. To exist. And should we win the day, the Fourth of July will no longer be known as an American holiday, but as the day the world declared in one voice: "We will not go quietly into the night! We will not vanish without a fight!" We're going to live on! We're going to survive! Today we celebrate our Independence Day!
[Crowd cheers] "
*Audience Sighs*
At least it was cohesive :D - which is more then the present president (you know the cheese brand btw? great bries they have...) can claim to any of his verbal "outbreaks" (whatever)... :rolleyes: :suicide:

As for "Greece" - are we talking about a country or a film ("Grease" maybe? ...)? Just want to make sure I'm spending my next holidays in a country and not a cheesy film ... :D

roadhouse:smashin:

slinkywonka said:
Abso-bloody-lutely :thumbsup:

especialy with lines like "I used to f##k guys like you in prison"

:rotfl:

Mics49 said:
As for "Greece" - are we talking about a country or a film ("Grease" maybe? ...)? Just want to make sure I'm spending my next holidays in a country and not a cheesy film ... :D

- Yeah my fault. My spelling failed me. all that excitement over cheesy films.

Finally watched Matrix Revolutions last night (Yes I know silly me :D ) but that clearly has to be the cheeseist film ever.

I mean pretty much anytime Trinity & Neo had a scene together they said something completley cringe inducingly bad...not to mention the scene towards the end of the big fight between the comander of the APU squad & that annoying little dweeby new recruit & then when he runs around at the end announcing they had won & the war was over...it's just plain bad

Infact the whole film sucked monkey bum but I digress, it's easily my contender for cheesey lines.

Neil

The end of 'A Few Good Men':

"Ten-Hut! There's an officer on deck!"

the whole of every steven seagal film ever made...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom