Pure 'Bug' Background hum on standby?

Discussion in 'Music Streamers' started by ayjvee, Dec 31, 2006.

1. ayjvee

ayjvee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I wonder if anyone can help with the following please?:
    I'm considering purchasing a 'Bug' (not the 'Too' version) and wonder if there is any background noise when in either standby mode or operating?
    The reason I ask is because I purchased a £50 Dab clock radio last year via Amazon, and when on standby it emits a fairly loud humming noise, which makes it unbearable for use as a bedside alarm. I actually returned and exchanged the unit, but the replacement also emits the same noise. The volume needs to be fairly loud to drown out the buzzing/humming and the radio now resides in the kitchen where it's far enough away so as not to notice the fault.
    So, any information on the 'Bug' would really be appreciated.
    Many thanks,
    Alec

2. tredman

tredman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +635
    I have a bug too that i use as a clock radio and I have to say I can't hear anything at all when it is on standby.

I think the reason that it is quiet is that it has an external transformer as opposed to most DAB radios which have an internal transformer, which emitts the annoying hum when on standby.

Overall I think my bug is fantastic, I did have a logik DAB radio from Currys but this hummed seriously (and didn't work either..), I took it back and paid an extra £20 for a bug (tho I have seen them for £90 in comet today)