1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

purchasing a projector in the states

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Paul Dunning, Jan 5, 2001.

1. Paul Dunning

Paul Dunning

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i go to the states often ....stupid question...is it possible to buy a projector in states(at their stupidly low prices) how would i connect this to my dvd player ?? could i only play region 1 discs ??? any advice please

Paul

2. tiberious

tiberious

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Paul,

I think it would depend on the individual projector - if you are looking at LCD/DLP then you may be ok - after all most of them were designed as data projectors. The size and weight of a CRT may be prohibitive, but for what it is worth, the HT200 I have been using this last few weeks , was brought over by a friend to use while on holiday here - it comes complete with leads for US/EUROPE/UK and requires no transformer or modification.Truly a global performer !.This may well be the case for other LCD/DLP as well. You would have to check on the warranty situation though - it`s a long way to go for a service !!

3. mjwhitehouse

mjwhitehouse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Do not forget customs charges and VAT which will be charged when you bring it back. This often cuts out most if not all of the savings that you think you are making