Purchasing a LG OLED55E6P - The Truth..

DrFX

Novice Member
Reaction score
I'm get ready to purchase a LG OLED55E6P. After searching Google Shopping there is a few websites that are selling this TV at incredible prices. I called up several of these websites and asked why there prices were so low. They said there advertised price was for the OLED55E6P but with a 2016 serial number that was manufactured in Asia, and that the OLED55E6P with a newer serial number made in mexico was manufactured in 2017 and had addressed some issues like low latency and better color reproduction etc..

So does any one have any experiencing buying from these sites? My guess that these are brand new TV's but they are trying upsale on some phony information. Because I spoke with an LG rep and he said they are all the same. Any help would be great.

EBuyUSA - $1389
TV SuperStores - $1399
oled.jpg

Low latency and better colour reproduction, are they not things that can be improved on with software updates, if they are, then i see no reason why the big cost saving with these sites, their must be some other reason for it, i love a good bargain, i would try and find any of their customers in your country first.

Very strange indeed. Very interesting also ... A B6 55 inch @ JoesAV.com for 1279 , can you send the proper link for the E6 because when i click on your google shopping ling they dont show

Read about upselling on AVSForum.

Its a thing in the US. Unscrupulous sellers advertise low low prices, you try to order and they'll give you a story based around the theme that you just ordered an inferior/unsuitable model and recommend to change your order to a superior/suitable model. Sadly the 'superior model' is about the same price as you'd pay from a decent retailer who offers support, warranty and non-shady business practices. Some people have tried just letting their orders go through without changing models and they never receive them. The seller just gives them the run around with no stock excuses and eventually refunds or the buyer caves and pays full price for the 'superior model'.

In short avoid at all costs.

'If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck' - caveat emptor.

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom