1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Purchasing a 42PMA400E - where to buy?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by english_bob, Aug 23, 2003.

1. english_bob

english_bob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +168
    Hello to all

I'm fishing for comments and recommendations of where to buy (not nessicarily best price) one of these Hitachi 42PMA400E's

Best price so far is around the 2,500 pound mark with about 60 quid delivery and 150 pounds for the stand

Just like to ask each of you

(1) what was your buying experience like? i.e. Did INSTOCK mean instock etc.?
    (2) did the stand you get compliment the Hitachi model? (the one Richer Sounds offers look horrible!)
    (3) How you do component switching. Do you use your AV AMP? or did you buy another piece of kit to do it?
    (4) Is there any truth in the rumor that another wave of new Hitachi models is apon us.

Many thanks for your time

EB

2. Ninjaman

Ninjaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Richersounds for £2499
    3 years guarantee £250

3. RickB

RickB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Would be keen to know how soon we can expect a new generation of Hitachi screens if anyone has any knowledge ? Just placed an order for a 42PD3000 and since it hasn't been delivered yet - I will be b*ggered if Im accepting it when a new one is just around the corner !!!

RickB

4. andya

andya

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    beging of next year i think for the new ones.£2500 richer sounds and £199 3 year warranty not £250 i wish john lewis had stock of them but they wont get them in because they have no tuner very silly attitude if you ask me .you get a free 5 year warranty with all plasmas from john lewis.there is technolgy round the corner all the time and when to buy can be difficult but i think for the price of the 400e you cant go wrong

5. english_bob

english_bob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +168
    Richersounds looks promising to me, but did you get your stand from them? (if you use one that is!). And I take it that you paid them 100 quid for delivery? Or do they do a local store pickup scheme?

Also, any of you guys play console games on them? whats the danger of screenburn using games. For example, if your playing Gran Turismo for 15-20 mins with the rev counter displayed etc, or something like Super Mario Sunshine with the very bright score displays

Thanks for you replies

EB

6. Ninjaman

Ninjaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    The hitachi screen has anti-burn features, that move the image are around in a set time scales. By the way with an nstc xbox you will can get games in 720p and 1080i.

You can get Hitachi stands from unbeatable.co.uk the CMPAD15 is the hitachi swivel table top stand for about 170. The richersounds stands are universal, but also good.

7. andya

andya

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    wall bracket £99 i picked the plasma up myself it didnt cost me anything when you play games just be careful and use the orbiter mode every 10 mins and you will be ok, my friend has a panasonic and plays games for hours on end and still hasnt got any burnin

8. TopMeTom

TopMeTom
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +261
    wall bracket £99

Where from,please?

Phil

9. andya

andya

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    richer sounds or unbeatable.com

10. english_bob

english_bob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +168
    andya

did you get to pick up your plasma from your local Richer Sounds, or did you have to go somewhere central?

I wondering if they will deliver to my local Richer and let me pick it up, thus saving me 100 quid!

(Alas, a PAL XBOX, and the last time I'll buy PAL. Everything else I have is NTSC (DC, GC, PS2)

Regards

EB

11. zorg2000k

zorg2000k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Richer Sounds charged me £49.95 for delivery of my PMA400E

Hope this helps

Stuart

12. dougall

dougall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I picked mine up from Richer Sounds...regarding delivery - the plasma fits perfectly upright in a black cab so this may work out cheaper than paying 50 quid delivery.

13. mutation

mutation

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got mine from richer, if you want a cheap screen with no advice and you're sure you want this one then go for it. don't let them charge you 50 nicker for delivery, i took mine home in the back of my brothers transit, was as good as gold. you read all these horror stories about leaking of gas etc, as long as you keep it upright you'll be as good as gold, theres noway on earth its worth 50 quid for delivery unless you're frank spencer and think that you might drop it .. just be careful thats my advice, they're pretty well packed.

i got a universal wall bracket for 101.95 inc deliv from intoav.com, they was very helpful and friendly

use a js scart to yuv converter for sky conversion (£150, maplins do a similar one for£80 but not as good) . as for pc, you don't need nothing except a standard vga - cga lead and make sure you alter a few settings in windows, the pc works a treat.

any more q's mail me.