Purchased the 46GT30 from JL – a couple of questions

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by MJU1875, Jan 7, 2012.

1. MJU1875

MJU1875
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Despite the negativity with Green Tinge fault I decided to take the risk with this set and purchased the Panny 46GT30 TV + Bluray + Glasses + 5yr warranty. Could anyone answer the following questions, please:

1) The Bluray player apparently needs a special cable to render 3D, what is the lead? JL were trying to sell to me for £40, I am sure it is much cheaper elsewhere e.g. Amazon/Ebay.
    2) Apparently the set comes with Star Wars Triology, apparently this is only 2D, is there any offers direct with Panasonic for 3D Bluray (e.g. Avatar)?
    3) If I download a 3D Demo, will it stream ok from laptop to TV - HDMI to HDMI?

2. BertRacoon

BertRacoon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Good choice, I think you should be more than happy with it! In answer to your questions:

1) It just needs a HDMI cable which supports 3d - I got an Amazon basics one which works great AmazonBasics High-Speed HDMI Cable with Ethernet 6.5: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics about £6 at the moment so a bit cheaper!

2) It sounds like you qualify for Avatar Products - VIERA Flat Screen TV - VIERA Overview - Great Savings on Panasonic 3D TV packages - Panasonic UK & Ireland

3) Depends on the laptop and the file format, but yes I've been able to stream some 3d content from my home PC in various ways and also by copying files onto an SDHC card and using that.

Enjoy

3. MJU1875

MJU1875
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for the reply, I don't get the TV until next Monday, the sales rep was telling me that the real profit they make is on the cables and not the TVs they sell. As soon as he said £40 I knew straight away there were much cheaper alternatives.