1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

purchased Sony KD36NX200

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by noveed2006, Mar 26, 2003.

1. noveed2006

noveed2006

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have now purchased a 36"Sony nx200, sony 305 dvd,sony 820 vcr. It cost £1950 from the sony centre in wolverhampton , although i did see a nx200/405/820 from unbeatable.co.uk for £1851 inc del but they would have to order it in.And given the fact they had the stock in wolverhampton for immediate collection, plus no hassle/risk, buying from reputable delear and getting brand new stock persuaded me to pay the xtra from the sony centre.

Anyway can anyone advise me on setting it up, i have read on many occassions of geometery issues etc which need to be rectified in the service menu. How do i get into the service menu and should i? This is the first proper tv i have purchased and am not sure what to look for, are there any specific issues concerning this tv that i should look out for.

have yet to power up the tv and get it out of the box as i need to find some help lifting the thing onto the stand, it states 104kg on the box and will break a few bones before the end of the day.

edit: I have also come across mentions of a disc called avia and one other. I assume these discs are used to help adjust the settings for the monitor, where can i buy them from and if anyone can give me more detailed on info on what they actually do.

2. DJM

DJM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Im no expert, in fact only got my Sony 36FS76 last week, but may be able to help a bit.

I would imagine that the setup of the NX200 and the FS76 would be very similar as I believe thay have the same tube. If you search the site for FS76 set ups there is plenty of data. Page 2 of this forum has 3 threads that cover some of the setting up, and my own thread still active also.

I haven't played with the service menu yet, but from setup it doesn't take long to get the set up and running. Buy good quality interconnect leads, tehy do make a difference.

I want to get hold of a set up DVD such as Avia or "Ultimate DVD - Platinum".

Avia costs on average $40 or the same in £s. There are cheaper places generally imported from Aus. A description from a sales site follows:

I have heard that Ultimate DVD -Platinum is better, and is what I aim to get. This is a 2 disc set with 1 disc being a show off disc, and the other being the set up. Must get the Platinum version to get the set up disc. Sales guff from another site follows :

Note that these originate in the states and are generally NTSC so make sure your DVD player is multiregion.

Search Google or the DVD sites to get them. You can get them from Amazon etc but you will pay a premium.

3. Phandaal

Phandaal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    You can get the Platinum disc from DVD Boxoffice for about £12 as long as your player is multiregion.

I ordered mine last week and they dispatched the next day - must be a record for DVDBO!

4. sjw

sjw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +71
    Do you know the difference between the nx200u and the nx200s?

The 32" nx200u has just been delivered and only just came through the front door.
    Need to take it out of the box in the hall and wait for someone to help...
    Can't wait to get it going...

Ste

5. noveed2006

noveed2006

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I HAVE HEARD SO MUCH ABOUT THE BUZZING NOISE ON SONY TVS
    I WILL MENTION WHAT MINES LIKE

AT A DISTANCE OF A METRE AWAY THERE IS ABSOLUTLEY NO AUDIBLE NOISE FROM THE TV THE ONLY WAY TO IDENTIFY IT IS ON IS TO OPEN YOUR EYES AND LOOK AT IT

IF I PLACE MY EAR AN INCH AWAY FROM THE BACK OF THE TV I HEAR A MILD BUZZ WHICH IS QUITE NORMAL

IT HAS A FLAWLESS PICTURE WITH STAR WARS EPISODE TWO BUT DIGITAL AND SKY ARE AVERAGE>

6. DJM

DJM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    theres's a sticky at the top to to vote for buzzing.

have you got good digital signal? I noticed that my signal was only about 50%-70% and the picture is only OK, when it was much better on the old set. Stronger signal certainly improves the picture.