Purchased Samsung S95B, speakers recommendation please

Corp Jones

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi All

I have purchased the Samsung S95B 65" TV and want to improve the sound, I do want the best sound possible with a budget of around £800, i'm a beginner at this but reading online, it looks like the Samsung HW-Q990B might be the best solution to go for, would you guys agree?
I will have to wait for a deal on this but seems to go around this mark sometimes with cashback.

Also the software on the TV leaves a lot to be desired, I'm thinking of purchasing a streaming box, if I get the new Apple TV, would that be a good pairing for the above or will I be sacrificing any picture or audio quality?
I can see the TV supports HDR10+, and the Apple TV supports 4K Dolby Vision, HDR10+ and Dolby Atmos, as far as I can tell this should be fine.

Advice would be much appreciated :)

Are you are asking specifically about soundbars? The best audio is going to come from a receiver and a minimum 5.1 set up in individual speakers. Unlikely though, unless you look at the secondary market, to get a good one within your £800 budget.

Are you are asking specifically about soundbars? The best audio is going to come from a receiver and a minimum 5.1 set up in individual speakers. Unlikely though, unless you look at the secondary market, to get a good one within your £800 budget.
Thank you, i'm happy to go with whichever option will give me the best sound, the Dolby Atmos demo (with ceiling speakers) was amazing in John Lewis so I was hoping to replicate (as close as possible) that kind of thing with the Samsung soundbar.

With individual speakers theres so many different options its a bit overwhelming, no idea where to start! :)

I doubt you would get the Atmos effect very well with a soundbar and I would go with a simple bar that has a good front three spread. Worth you having a look at the bundled offers, which are normally 5.1, from dealers such as Richer Sounds or Peter Tyson.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom