Purchased ASUS AX82U router , need access point to work with it.

jtfab75

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi, I bought an ASUS ax82u router today, I also bought for my lounge a TP Link Access Point to work with it also , to work in client mode so I could hardwire to an Ethernet switch in my lounge. The wifi I got was not good and the speed was poor. Could anyone recommend a good access point with good Wi-Fi and be able to connect to a switch please. I currently have tp link powerline Wi-Fi adapter but it’s too big and ugly.
Thanks

Sounds like you are looking for something to function as a Wi-Fi "bridge" rather than as an AP - "Wi-Fi bridge" (some vendors give it other names,) is kind of like an "AP in reverse" in that it functions as a client device in terms of estblishing a Wi-Fi link, then forwards on any traffic through it's ethernet port to anything connected downstream.

It's possibly your TP-Link AP may be able to function as you require (I've got a TP-Link Repeater that offers this.) If you cite it's exact make/model we can take a look in the manual and see if you just need to click the right options in the UI to get it going.

I've just posted about this - got the same router and have reconfigured an old (non-AiMesh) Asus router to run in Media Bridge mode. I have 3 devices hard wired to it and it just talks back to the AX82u over wifi. It's delivering good results, but basically I think if you bought any AIMesh device from Asus it should deliver what you want

Agree with the above, get a cheap Asus AiMesh router.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom