Purchase/Upgrade query

Z

zetaloid

Hi,

I've been looking into upgrading my earphones, currently I have Sennheiser hd 280 pros, I'm keen to know if an upgrade to Ultimate Ears' triple.fi would be worth the money, what difference I would notice and also whether or not an amp would be necessary to do them justice. I listen to music on a computer at high bit-rate straight through the headphone jack.

Advice very welcome.

I wouldn't buy IEMs for home use, since a good part of the money goes invested in the size factor. For the same money of any IEM, you can get full-sized headphones that will perform better.

IEMs are very sensitive, and are designed so that you can drive them from an mp3 player. Some people do use headphone amps with them and report an improvement in sound quality, but we are talking about splitting hairs here.

For the price of the triple-fis, you can get some Sennheiser HD650 which will bring you sonic bliss. Sounding already amazing out of a 100 euro amp (and thus still fitting your budget), this headphones will get better and better with any amp you throw at them, even costing thousands of euros, so it is a good choice.

I hope this helps.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom