1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Purchase Sep 2005 - 32in LCD with best PQ?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by TarMoo, Jul 26, 2005.

1. TarMoo

TarMoo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +299
    I am looking at the options for a 32in LCD TV to be purchased in the run up to Xmas 2005.

The one thing which has put me off LCD TVs in the past has been poor picture quality. So I am looking for a 32in set that has the best picture, regardless of cost.

There seem to be a number of options for a Autumn 05 purchase such as the Philips 9830, Panasonic TX32LXD500, Hitachi 32LD7200 plus the new Sony "V Series" and Sharp Aquos GA6/GD7.

How would you rank these in order of preference for PQ?

2. mike7

mike7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +512
    I share your interest in the shortlist although I am looking for a 26" screen. As for picture quality we cannot judge some of these sets until they appear. There is little data available on the Philips and Sony (as far as UK versions is concerned). As always there is the promise of new technology. I'm afraid we will have to wait until we can see how they perform, then it is a matter of personal choice. Prices will be interesting though as there has been a downturn throughout the market.

3. reklor

reklor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +193
    Well just on experience with a few LCDs and a Plasma I recommend that you check out the Toshiba 32WL56.........fantastic picture and a bargain at £900. Also maybe worth adding the Toshiba 32WLT58 to your shortlist.....its out in a month or so and looks set to be amongst the top spec LCDs you can buy.