1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Purchase made MS309

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by matblack, Dec 5, 2004.

1. matblack

matblack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Think I got a good deal here.

Went along to Richer with my printout of the Peter Tyson ad to ask for a price match on the MS309. They had told me on the phone that they have a MS309 in the wood finish in stock. Got there and the only 309 they had was a silver one which was used as a demo and a bit beat up but otherwise fine.

So I ask if they will do me a deal on the demo one, bloke suggests £175 I counter with £150 and we settle on £155.

Certainly has more umph than my old KEF PSW2000 and is hidden away so the finish/ scratches are imaterial, its been run in too :D so everyones a winner :thumbsup: and I save £130 over what I was planning to knock out on the XLS200 (I know the XLS is probably a better piece of kit but thats a good saving none the less on the run up to Crimbo).

The MS309 is shaking the room playing Toy Story 2 and seems to have plenty of go so overall I'm a happy bunny.

Only gripe is a slight hum even after I have grounded it to the amp :thumbsdow but playing even at low levels its almost unnoticeable

MB

2. eviljohn2

eviljohn2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    That's an absolute bargain, glad you're pleased :thumbsup:

The BK is nowhere near twice as good as the MS309 so just relax and enjoy your new purchase. The hum can probably be fixed with a bit of time and effort as well if you can be bothered, there's loads of threads on here helping people with sub hum but by the sounds of it you've already had a good read! :)