Pulp Fiction - Packaging

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by guyb, Aug 23, 2002.

1. guyb

guyb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi all,

I don't know which version of Pulp Fiction: spec Ed or Jackie Brown: spec Ed to get - R2 or R1. The things that make my mind up are video quality and packaging.

Can any one tell me what the packaging is like on these two R1 DVDs and does any one have any pics. I have seen the R2 packaging and they are just plain amray DVD cases.

Thanks

2. malcy

malcy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the US R1 versions of both. They come in a card sleeve out of which you pull a double disk digipak. There is also a pocket for the booklet. They also have a slot in the sleeve which looks through to the inner packaging. I like them :)
    If you want UK equivalents they are very similar to the packaging used by MGM for the initial releases of their R2 SE eg Terminator, Usual Suspects, Silence of the Lambs.

I think UK will also have sleeve, but then may only have double amray in side as Disney used for Armageddon and Rock.

Canada will probably be similar to US but is from Alliance so expect anything.

3. wurzel

wurzel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I find that the video quality is the same whatever region you buy so I am only interested in the packaging. What's the point of buying a DVD if it doesn't look nice on the shelf.