Pulp Fiction /New R2 - Is it cut?

M

Mart

Does anyone know for certain whether the new 2 Disc Region 2 version is cut as the original 1 Disc Region 2 version ?

Thanks

LV426

Administrator
Staff member
Every UK edition of this film has the mandated BBFC cut - it is a reframing of the scene where Travolta injects himself.

M

Mart

Cheers,

I presume that's in case 18 year old insulin users get upset by it ?

pete18

i have looked on dvdcompare.org.uk

and it states the following cuts

Cuts
R0 - No Cuts
R1 - US 1 disc - 0m 3s - Various edits
R1 - US 2 disc - No Cuts
R1 - Canada - 0m 3s - Various edits
R2 - France - No Cuts
R2 - Germany - No Cuts
R2 - Japan - No Cuts
R2 - Spain - No Cuts
R2 - UK 1 disc - 0m 3s - Various edits
R2 - UK 2 disc - TBC
R3 - No Cuts
R4 - No Cuts

from pete

P.S does the pulp fiction include a bi-lingual cover if order from play.com or cd-wow

M

Mart

Pete ,

It's the first place I looked & as it states TBC ?

Touble is It's not been confirmed on there & other than reply above.

I suspected it would be as original release was but just wondered if anyone knew 100%.

pete18

just get the region 1 then if you are still unsure

p.s does the region 1 version if ordered from play.com include bi-lingual french cover

from pete

R

RossG

Does this mean that, aside from Travolta injecting himself, we get the original US cut. I saw it at the cinema in the states (Mann's Chinese Cinema in Hollywood no less) when it first came out then saw it again here in the UK and it seemed to me that several scenes were completely missing. Years later I saw a special edition video with 'Unseen footage' which sounded exactly like material I had seen.

It's so long ago now I'm afraid I can't be more specific.

Ross

M

malcy

Originally posted by RossG
Does this mean that, aside from Travolta injecting himself, we get the original US cut. I saw it at the cinema in the states (Mann's Chinese Cinema in Hollywood no less) when it first came out then saw it again here in the UK and it seemed to me that several scenes were completely missing. Years later I saw a special edition video with 'Unseen footage' which sounded exactly like material I had seen.

It's so long ago now I'm afraid I can't be more specific.

Ross

As far as I'm aware the same theatrical version is on all disks worldwide subject to the injection scene. These deleted scenes have been on the old VHS SE and Canadian and Aus DVDs for some years.

If you want an official US version I got mine from Movietyme for £16.99 also uses stronger card for the digipack, have read the Canadian version is like paper so must arrive squashed in the post.

The latest video from AVForums

Toy Stories - Turning Toys into Blockbuster Movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom