1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pulling Scheduled Programs At The Last Minute For……

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by Garrett, Dec 21, 2003.

1. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,336
    I wonder why they find fit to pull programs that have tenuous links with items in the news that week. On Thursday I was looking forward to Judge John Deeds and guess what just because a murder trial had come to a conclusion a day earlier I take it was pulled. Well so what most days someone is dieing in hospital and I do not see them pulling Holby City or Casualty!

In fact on one of the sat channels there was a story more nearer to home with the connection of the Soham trial (a little girl accidentally falls escaping a killer and dies and her mother starts to scream and the murderer covers her mouth to stop her and suffocates her).

2. pointon

pointon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I remember waiting ages for Channel 4 to begin showing a new season of 'Homicide: Life On The Street', that would wrap up the cliffhanger when Frank Pembleton had a stroke. Apparently the first four episodes had a story arc involving guns, and as it was a full year since the Dunblane tragedy, they decided to skip those four episodes and never ever show them.

What the ****?

Ridiculous. What is the point of that? Is making me miss out on the conclusion to something I'd been waiting so long for going to reverse time and put things right? I'm all for showing respect but these decision makers need to have some common sense.

3. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,884
    They did the same with an episode of Bottom years ago when the lads were on Wimbledon Common. It coincided with a woman being murdered on the Common and so was not shown for a while. Bloody stupid as far as I'm concerned.

4. Dimmy

Dimmy
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Obviously, relatives of the victim murdered were going to be watching Bottom at that time, and may have taken offence.

Hell, somebody was killed at their place of work today, perhaps I shouldn't go in to mine incase I offend somebody?

Ridiculous mentality.

5. Azrikam

Azrikam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This is the kind of censorship that I've never understood. People die in car accidents every day, but you don't see the broadcasters banning Top Gear from TVs. Nope, it's just the case of broadcasters becoming so paranoid about receiving a letter from someone with nothing better to do.

6. owenw

owenw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    It also makes you wonder about the mentality those people who have little else to do but complain about such programmes going out in the first place.