pull up projector screen help..

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by nadric, Dec 22, 2016.

1. nadric

nadric
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i am changing my screen at the moment from a drop down optoma 84inch widescreen to a pull up screen. the projector i have isn't the most expensive and the screen wasn't put up in the most elegant way.. but i have enjoyed the home cinema experience immensely over the last three years.. i am already missing it after a few days since i took it down, sad..

i am also going to use a projector table/stand to make the whole process more portable and easily put away... i would prefer to have the screen on the wall, but if it means i can still watch films then i can live with that..there doesn't seem to be much choice, especially in my price range. one i have seen is the optoma 84 inch pull up screen. it says 4:3 and 16:9. would this sort of thing be ok? i don't really want to spend a lot of time looking around, not because i am not interested but more because i just want to get back into watching films. many thanks..

2. nadric

nadric
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the optima projector screen i have seen says 4:3 and 16:9 like i say, i assume this means that when watching widescreen films there will be black bars above and below? this is the only real thing i need advice on i think because i want to pick something up today if possible...already getting withdrawal feelings from the lack of big screen watching...you realise how small the trusty tv actually is.. ;-)) cheers..