Answered Puk code for a iphone 3

Giraffe76

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi,

A friend of mine from australia has sent me an iphone 3 as my current phone has stopped working but when ive turned the phone on its asked me for a PUK code. There is an option for emergency calls so I tried putting in *#06# in the dialpad but the phone would accept it when i pressed the green dial button.

Any help or advice would be appreciated

Kind regards Mark

The original owner needs to get the Puk code from the network it's locked to.

A PUK code is when a mobile is blocked due to the pin being entered incorrectly too many times. Don't keep trying to enter anything in apart from the PUK code, too many wrong attempts at this blocks the phone permanently. Your friend in Australia will have to contact the phone network for whatever sim/number was in the phone before he sent it to you and get the correct PUK code, otherwise the phone is useless to you.

Thank you both for your replies, do you know what information my friend will need to get my phones PUK code and what format will that PUK code take

He will need the mobile number previously used in the phone and he needs to phone whatever network that number was used on to get the code. It is an 8 digit number. Some mobile operators let you find the PUK code on their website but you need a valid account with them first to prevent fraud. Best to chat with him and find out if he still uses the number and if he is able to get the code for you.

There was a australian sim card left in the phone when it was sent to me so would that help me?
Also the phone was lent to a friends daughter before she sent it to me so would my friend need to find out her friends her daughters number&contact them?

The SIM card will tell you what network the phone was on, but yes, your friend will have to contact their friend and find out the daughters old number and then the friend of a friend will have to ring the network to get the PUK code and relay it back to you. The fact they left the SIM in the phone is worrying, perhaps the number is no longer active etc. in which case the PUK code may not be possible to get and the phone will remain useless to you...

Im so sorry i feel a real fool.Ive actually tried my sim card in the phone and got a message titled sim not valid. The sim card that you currently have installed in this iphone is from a carrier that is not supported under the activation policy that is currently assigned by the activation server. This is not a hardware issue with the iphone.Please insert another sim card from a supported carrier or request that this iphone be unlocked by your carrier.Please contact apple for more information
So what do i need to do now?

As said before, the original owner needs to contact the Network they got the phone from for them to unlock it.

My friend has gone into a apple store&they have told her that i need to take it into my nearest apple store as my friend is no longer with the original network who she got the phone from.She also got told that i can get the phone unlocked in my nearest apple store and it becomes a new phone
Is this correct?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom