Pucker Up, For a Glasgow Kiss

Some Bloke

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Och aye AVF Puckers :D
Welcome the part two of two of my recent Edinburgh & Glasgow short trip.
Did you miss part one ? Worry ye not, I haven't PP 'em yet.

So sit back, with a glass of Irn Bru and enjoy:
Glasgow or Glasgow Slideshow
Currently photos 1 to 51.

Thanks for looking :)
This thread is dedicated to a Mr Robert C Nesbitt Esq.

Edit: Rip Me a New Bottom :eek:

Last edited:
Stunning quality as usual, I would like to see you try your hand at street or landscape photography as I'm sure it will have similar results:thumbsup:

Superb stuff - so good in fact you'd not think it was Glasgow.... :D

Must have taken you ages to clone out all the Buckie Bottles..... and Eastern European Beggars.... sorry "Musicians" :devil:

Stunning quality as usual, I would like to see you try your hand at street or landscape photography as I'm sure it will have similar results:thumbsup:

Thank you :)
Street photography to me just seems like taking photos of people walking past you :D
I did take some landscape shots recently Wales
I'm a fan of U.S. landscapes more than UK landscapes. Donations are welcome :thumbsup:

Superb stuff - so good in fact you'd not think it was Glasgow.... :D

Must have taken you ages to clone out all the Buckie Bottles..... and Eastern European Beggars.... sorry "Musicians" :devil:
You should have seen the RAWs, Ps saved the day again.

Stunning pics. I do have a very slight critique, but as you haven't put RIA in the thread I shall keep it to myself ;)

Okey dokey, but it's only minor and just a preference thing. It's just to my eyes on a few on the interior shots the PP is verging on looking almost like CGI rather than looking like a photo.

I have to say, your landscapes around Eilean Donan, and the forth bridge are stunning. I assume, as with most/all your pics, these are HDR?

Get a better Monitor? :p

Get a better Monitor? :p
Nothing wrong with my monitor :eek: ;)

The second image (actually 3/100 as the first just says 2014) is probably the main one for me.

Get New Eyes ? ;)

Some stunning pics for sure :thumbsup: Gotta know though please how do you manage to get so many photos with no people included? Obviously excluding the ceiling shots :cool:

Eats lots of curries perhaps ? ;)

Okey dokey, but it's only minor and just a preference thing. It's just to my eyes on a few on the interior shots the PP is verging on looking almost like CGI rather than looking like a photo.

I have to say, your landscapes around Eilean Donan, and the forth bridge are stunning. I assume, as with most/all your pics, these are HDR?
LOL, that's a strange comment about CGI.
They look OK to me. But, I always try to make places look the best I can. Especially restoring paintwork and damage.
It's difficult to say really, all I can say is it's your monitor, but that contradicts what you've said previously.
The "other" shots were taken with a Nikon D300, but I think they single exposure shots.
I'll be honest they look terrible to me, like they need reprocessing.
I don't use HDR i.e. Photomatix or similar. I usually take multiple exposures when needed and blend them manually in Ps (stack them as layers and paint on a layer mask).

Some stunning pics for sure :thumbsup: Gotta know though please how do you manage to get so many photos with no people included? Obviously excluding the ceiling shots :cool:
Thank you very much :)
I use the technique called ... waiting for people to get out of the way :D
If they don't move quick enough, I take 2 shots so they are at different positions in the frame.
Then during PP, I stack the 2 shots as layers and paint on a layer mask to remove them.
If they're too lazy to move, I just clone them out during PP.
For the theatre shots, I had the place to myself.

LOL, that's a strange comment about CGI.
They look OK to me. But, I always try to make places look the best I can. Especially restoring paintwork and damage.
It's difficult to say really, all I can say is it's your monitor, but that contradicts what you've said previously.
The "other" shots were taken with a Nikon D300, but I think they single exposure shots.
I'll be honest they look terrible to me, like they need reprocessing.
I don't use HDR i.e. Photomatix or similar. I usually take multiple exposures when needed and blend them manually in Ps (stack them as layers and paint on a layer mask).

If they don't move quick enough, I take 2 shots so they are at different positions in the frame.
Then during PP, I stack the 2 shots as layers and paint on a layer mask to remove them.
Yeah, looks like I'm the only one. But there's something about that particular pic that makes me think of a (high res) computer game :eek: I can make mine look a bit CGI-like by doing extreme HDR, so maybe it's just my way of describing it? :confused:

Yeah, looks like I'm the only one. But there's something about that particular pic that makes me think of a (high res) computer game :eek: I can make mine look a bit CGI-like by doing extreme HDR, so maybe it's just my way of describing it? :confused:

I appreciate the feedback.

Hypothetically, if it was you monitor that was the problem.
Is it an IPS (or anything better than a TN) colour calibrated monitor ?

I've tried monitors in the past, that made photos look "plasticy".

I appreciate the feedback.

Hypothetically, if it was you monitor that was the problem.
Is it an IPS (or anything better than a TN) colour calibrated monitor ?

I've tried monitors in the past, that made photos look "plasticy".
My monitor's not the best, only on a Macbook Pro so I'm not the best judge. It is properly calibrated though ;)

The reason I brought it up is that most of your other pics don't have this look, and I've never noticed it in your other albums so it's not as though it's my monitor that makes everything look plasticky/sureal.

Ignore my feedback though as I seem to be the only one that sees it ;)

I would assume the shots of the bridge, for instance, must of been full of people so how long would that of taken to pp?

Quality shots and pp, well impressed here :clap:

As PP'ing is not my thing, I would just have to shout "Get out the Chuffin Way" :D

My monitor's not the best, only on a Macbook Pro so I'm not the best judge. It is properly calibrated though ;)

The reason I brought it up is that most of your other pics don't have this look, and I've never noticed it in your other albums so it's not as though it's my monitor that makes everything look plasticky/sureal.

Ignore my feedback though as I seem to be the only one that sees it ;)
Macbook Pro sounds like it sounds should do the job. I've no experience with one though.
Just going of the "Pro" part and they'd overpriced ... oops I mean expensive ;)

I would assume the shots of the bridge, for instance, must of been full of people so how long would that of taken to pp?

Quality shots and pp, well impressed here :clap:
The bridge was fairly quiet. I either waiting a few seconds for it to clear or for just one image, I took 2 exposures and blended the person out.

If you take multiple shots (say 5 shots) and each area of the bridge you're interested in is free of people.
You can blend all the photos together and remove everyone in less than a minute.
The secret is, to make sure each area is clear. And take as many shots until you've covered the bridge or subject.

As PP'ing is not my thing, I would just have to shout "Get out the Chuffin Way" :D
I can think of a better word than "Chuffin". :D

I suspect you really meant "I" ;)

I don't know what you're talking about. :confused:

If you take multiple shots (say 5 shots) and each area of the bridge you're interested in is free of people.
I can blend all the photos together and remove everyone in less than a minute.
The secret is, to make sure each area is clear. And take as many shots until you've covered the bridge or subject.

;)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom