Ptae700 Problem

L

loccy1701

Hi 2 all new to the forums - ok - the problem is that my 700e is flickering when on low power. and if i turn it onto high power it seems fine i called panasonic uk and they say that its a problem they have never heard of and same for the dealership i got it from. so as u can imagine i'm a little p'o as neither wants to admit theres a problem - Sooo i hoped mabe somebody in here could tell me what's wrong with it >?

loccy1701 said:
Hi 2 all new to the forums - ok - the problem is that my 700e is flickering when on low power. and if i turn it onto high power it seems fine i called panasonic uk and they say that its a problem they have never heard of and same for the dealership i got it from. so as u can imagine i'm a little p'o as neither wants to admit theres a problem - Sooo i hoped mabe somebody in here could tell me what's wrong with it >?

HA, they would say that, mines been back twice for flickering lamp , so did my ae100 and my ae500 , my ae700 still does it, I switch to high for 10 mins and then its ok for a while. Its been a problem through the whole range of panasonic pj's so for them to say they have never heard of it before is a blatant lie. Do a search for lamp flicker, you should find plenty of threads about it. Well done again panasonic for stepping up to the plate. :suicide: :suicide: :suicide:

This is very common. I get it every 30-50 hours and I'm at about 320hours on the clock. As the last poster said after running on high lamp for a bit (I usually run for the length of one film and pick a noisy one, about 1 1/2 hours) it goes away. Panasonic pretty much disassocate themselves from all bulb issues. You could also look on the AE700 threads on the American site AVSforum.com. They are very helpful for all AE700 issues.

Dave

I also get this on my AE200 at about 1700 hours on low power.

I've decided I'm just going to upgrade to a Z4 instead of trying to get the AE200 sorted. I'd be very reluctant to go for another Panasonic after what I've heard about their support.

To Fallwood & dgkp thanx 4 steering me in the right direction my panny dealership reckons that he is gonna sort it out so fingers crossed :)

Mine has developed the same issue, fine in High but flickering randomly in Low, 497 hours on the clock :mad:

I don't want to stop using it but nor do I want to run over 500 and not qualify for a replacement bulb. What do you guys suggest?

Never run it in high before but am doing so now for 30 minutes to see if it will help.

MB

Never had any problems at all with my AE300, 380 hours on the first bulb.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom