1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PTAE700 Component Input Problem

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Discodiva, May 2, 2005.

1. Discodiva

Discodiva

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have recently bought a PTAE700 and can not get it to accept a component input. It works fine with Video, S-Video and Scart, but with component it doesn't find the signal and behaves as though there is no input.

Returned to the distributor but they couldn't find an issue!

Have tried component directly from DVD player and component, via a "Scart to component cable" from my Sky+ box.

Any ideas?

2. OneEyedStuart

OneEyedStuart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +814
    It might be the source material which needs reconfigured. I used to have my Pioneer 575 outputting RGB to my 32" tv. When I then connected it to the AE700 using component I got no picture :(

Turns out I had to turn off the RGB to Scart and use VIDEO/PAL instead, even though I was no longer using the Scart connection method.

Are you running RGB from your SKY+ box, are you ruuning RGB from your DVD player. Most on here would be, so I would suggest you have a look at this option first.

Regards
    Keith Hurst

3. mason

mason

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +131
    Yeah- first things first.

Check what your DVD player is outputing first! :lesson:

This is what caught me out!