1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PTAE500 or PTAE700 as business projector, yes or no.

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by mark-connect, Jun 27, 2005.

1. mark-connect

mark-connect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Company I work for are thinking of getting a projector, I'm thinking of recommending a Panasonic as they could use it for other things too. Would a PTAE500 or PTAE700 be usable as a business projector.

Thanks people.

mark

2. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +563
    If "other things" means allowing you to take it home then absolutely yes the 700 is the ideal business machine and has many advantages over the robust, high brightness, 4:3 machines specifically designed for business use...PJ :D

3. jasper_mccrea

jasper_mccrea

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    my GP has one that he bought for 'business' use. I think he finds it ideal for 'business' use. According to him, it is the ideal 'business' projector.

4. mark-connect

mark-connect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    lol come on guys, need serious answers, is this ok to be used as a business projector, powerpoint, presentations etc etc :)

5. DEANO-B

DEANO-B
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Yes - Good contrast ratio/ lumens etc. The lamp last 5000 hours in low mode. Stop asking start buying, and don't forget to watch Star Wars ep 4/5/6 as they are the best DVD transfers out there! :D

6. mark-connect

mark-connect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Its not for me its for my employers, I have PTAE100 and love it to bits but work are looking at getting a projector and I've said the PTAE500 or 700 might be ideal as it can be used as a business projector and the boss/whoever can use it for personal use and also staff viewings of training videos etc etc.

7. DEANO-B

DEANO-B
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Its ideal.
    Like I've stated - high lumens - 2000:1 contrast ratio. Very long lamp life. To top it off it's hi def. Connectivity is excellent as well with scart, VGA PC input and component. Its a hell of a lot better than your 100. My mate upgraded from a 100 to 200 to 500 and now owns a 700 and is finally happy. Honestly the difference between a 100 and 700 is amazing. There is much more of a solid picture on screen, which is ideal for presentations. The 100 is very wishy washy and I never liked it when he had it. The 500 is good but the 700 comes into its own with the lens shift and most importantly the black levels.

8. cyberheater

cyberheater

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +175
    For business. Your better off with DLP. More contrast and higher brightness.
    Also, the AE500/700 are widescreen projectors. You really need a normal aspect ratio PJ (4:3) for presentations etc...

Some DLPs also make good home movie machines.

9. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +563
    I agree with Cybes.

Also, the 700 only comes with a 1 year warranty. You definitely want a longer warranty for business use....PJ :)

10. DEANO-B

DEANO-B
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    An extra 2 years warranty is about £70 and I would say is essential. Pity Pannasonic don't have the same attitude as Sanyo who give 3 years warranty. People on these forums unfortunatly have to guess (or rely on reviews which seem to differ from test to test) about whats the best, and under different conditions (various lighting for example). I would be very interested to know if anyone has found a retailer that has several PJs linked up together to give the customer a better testing experience. I live in Leeds and found it impossible to find such a retailer. If anyone knows of such a shop please let us know.

11. Maff et1

Maff et1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you are only ever going to attach to 1 PC that can be dedicated to the PJ then you can get it to output correctly. However most PC's (inc. laptops) are a nightmare to get outputing at the correct resolution and timing. So if you plan to take this PJ to customers sites and just plug it in and go then you really do want a 4:3 PJ with a common res (cheaper ones are 800:600, better is 1024:768).

If you plan to borrow this to work on 'presentations' at home then a 4:3 data PJ will still give a rather enjoyable viewing experience and is the better compromise.

12. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +563
    DiscountTV in Colne seem to have a decent setup...PJ :)

13. Tharksha

Tharksha

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    You are better off with a high contrast more brighter DLP projector for presentation in a well lit room. This projector is big for people on the move for their business.