Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

PTAE300 avive needed. HELLLP!

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by LITTLEBRITAIN, Dec 9, 2004.

1. LITTLEBRITAIN

LITTLEBRITAIN
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi, i have a panny ae300 pj and im upgrading my dvd player in the next few weeks.
    im looking to either use something like a Shuttle pc to spin dvds etc with powerstrip to set resolution
    OR
    use a Denon DVD2910 or 3910. does anyone have any experience with my pj and scalling?
    i have a decent dvi cable ready to go.
    any advice would be apriciated

2. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    The AE300 can't do a 1:1 pixel match - do a search for more info.

Can't advise on a suitable dvd player - a search here will also give you some guidance - try over on the dvd players forum.

S.

3. LITTLEBRITAIN

LITTLEBRITAIN
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ok cheers mate. if you were in my shoes what would you get?

4. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    You're asking the wrong guy - I'm afraid that I'm a dedicated hcpc user - I don't use a dvd player at all ;) so hopefuly a search here on ae300 will unearth the experience of others to give you some information.........

Sean G.

5. MikeK

MikeK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +316
    If you are thinking of going down the DVD player route, check that the AE300 is HDCP compatible on it's DVI input - I don't think it is, but not 100% on that. No HDCP - no picture AFAIK.
    While I've not used either Denon player, I doubt either will support 960x540 output, so a 1:1 pixel map may not be possible anyway, which is one of the major attractions of the all-digital route.

Even if you go down the HTPC route, you may struggle to get a 1:1 pixel map by all accounts, as theRitz indicated, though HDCP shouldn't be an issue. Without a 1:1 pixel map, you may find that the whole exercise of going all-digital is a bit fruitless in terms of better PQ, although you'd have to check that firsthand.