1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PTAE300 avive needed. HELLLP!

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by LITTLEBRITAIN, Dec 9, 2004.

1. LITTLEBRITAIN

LITTLEBRITAIN
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi, i have a panny ae300 pj and im upgrading my dvd player in the next few weeks.
    im looking to either use something like a Shuttle pc to spin dvds etc with powerstrip to set resolution
    OR
    use a Denon DVD2910 or 3910. does anyone have any experience with my pj and scalling?
    i have a decent dvi cable ready to go.
    any advice would be apriciated

2. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    The AE300 can't do a 1:1 pixel match - do a search for more info.

Can't advise on a suitable dvd player - a search here will also give you some guidance - try over on the dvd players forum.

S.

3. LITTLEBRITAIN

LITTLEBRITAIN
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ok cheers mate. if you were in my shoes what would you get?

4. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    You're asking the wrong guy - I'm afraid that I'm a dedicated hcpc user - I don't use a dvd player at all ;) so hopefuly a search here on ae300 will unearth the experience of others to give you some information.........

Sean G.

5. MikeK

MikeK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +316
    If you are thinking of going down the DVD player route, check that the AE300 is HDCP compatible on it's DVI input - I don't think it is, but not 100% on that. No HDCP - no picture AFAIK.
    While I've not used either Denon player, I doubt either will support 960x540 output, so a 1:1 pixel map may not be possible anyway, which is one of the major attractions of the all-digital route.

Even if you go down the HTPC route, you may struggle to get a 1:1 pixel map by all accounts, as theRitz indicated, though HDCP shouldn't be an issue. Without a 1:1 pixel map, you may find that the whole exercise of going all-digital is a bit fruitless in terms of better PQ, although you'd have to check that firsthand.