1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ptae200 problem

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by bobby m, Nov 27, 2003.

1. bobby m

bobby m

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,I have had my PJ for less than a month and only have 20 hours on it.I started noticing patches of blue on the screen and after reading some of the threads on here I am certain it is dust.
    I rang the retailer Discount Electrical who referred me to panasonic,when I got through and told them the girl on the other end spoke to an engineer and told me I would need 4 dead pixels to get a replacement.I tried to explain it wasn't pixels but patches of blue that were a couple of inches wide.Wouldn't let me speak to the engineer directly so ended up getting no help.

Thankfully when I went back to Discount Electrical they said they would arrange a pick up and have a look at it.Asked if I would pay half the cost of carriage,have to see about that.

I was wondering how could this happen so quickly,the filter has not been out (20 hours i was waiting to 100 ) is there somewhere else dust can get in.It was checked before dispatch I was told so can't understand this ?:suicide:

2. cyberheater

cyberheater

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +170
    I'm not sure mate. Sounds like dust but to be honest, i've never had a dust problem with my machine.

Have you tried cleaning it out using a can of air?

3. fred123go

fred123go
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have like a slight green mark in the bottom right corner, i am sure it is dust, it is reasonably big, This is on my NEW Z2 as well, which really pisses me off. I can see dust in the lens so i don't know if it is down to that or what.
    How/where can i get this can of air from?
    and can anyone post a screenshots of what a dust blob would look like so i can tell if it is
    cheers
    Fred

4. Frankie_D

Frankie_D
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hahahaha fred your never happy! How are you recently?

Back on topic you can get the can of air from any photography shop such as jessops its usually used for cameras thats why. I can help if you want as ive had to use one many times. I would bring one over so you dont have to spend the money but i need a new one too.

Toodle Pip
    Frankie

5. fred123go

fred123go
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hey there frank
    yeah come over and do that and that would be great.
    Fred

6. calibos

calibos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Tesco's do them, if your local tesco's sells PC supplies and peripherals, CDR's etc, that is. The brand is Vivanco "Airduster". Used for cleaning electronics, keyboards etc. Nice long thin nozzle attachment with these aswell.

7. bobby m

bobby m

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If I open up the PJ I will invalidate my warranty.Is it worth the risk doing it yourself ?

8. cyberheater

cyberheater

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +170
    I would get back on the phone to Panasonic and try to spec to a engineeri and explain that you think you have a dust problem and what his recommondations are.

9. DVDcake

DVDcake

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Just a note to anyone unfamilar with the canned air cleaners. Make sure you use them the right way up, even in the hard to reach places. If you invert them a nice squirt of moisture will go all over your optics.:eek:

No I have not made this mistake myself.:D

10. chic

chic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +871
    they wont know as long as you dont damage the screws when you remove them and you dont balls up the cleaning of the panels. there are no seals on it so as long as your carefull they wont know youve opened it