1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ptae100.screen door

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by dis, Jul 30, 2002.

1. dis

dis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +200
    hi i would like to know is there any way of reducing screen door
    on this projector,would a dvdo i scan pro help to do it,
    or is it just the nature of the machine,would appreciate any help on this before i buy it........dis

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Before I brought the AE100 I had concerns about screen door because of the things I had read on forums like this (sour grapes by DLP owners?). When I got the PJ I realised that it was totally a none issue, because 1) the picture is fantastic overall, 2) the brain 'forgets' about the pixels in the same way as it 'forgets' about the fan, 3) the pixel nature is actually quite cool (compared to crt).

BTW. I have found that the screen door is equally visible on dark and bright scenes.

However, I cannot recommend the AE100 due to its on going reliability problems and my own experience of it breaking down twice in one month.

3. museumsteve

museumsteve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,007
    I wasn;t too fussed about screendoor on my panny, however now it's a total non-issue as once hooked up to my Iscan and running into Panny's VGA/RGB socket I dfon;t have any screendoor visible at all..:)

4. Amelia

Amelia

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I like yourself had my concerns about the screen door effect with the AE100. I was in fact about to purchase the Benq which is a DLP that is a little cheaper than the AE100.

In any case to cut a long story short, when I purchased the AE100 I used The following site to work out screen size. Mine is set to 2060 x 1155. My seating position is around the 5.5m and at this distance it is almost impossible to see the Screen Door.

I honestly can't believe I spent so much time looking into this issue.

Good Luck

Best Regards
    Amelia

5. jonny m

jonny m
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    dis
    be at least x2 away from the screen
    use a pc
    and get a hoya fl-d filter it really helps.

j

6. dis

dis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +200
    thanks..el indio..museumsteve..amelia and jonny m.. good advice many thanks, looks like maybe the dvdo i scan and the ptae100 only because of the price, i want to get into it now and the ptae100 is the cheapest way into it, i will let you know how i get
    ........its a minfield?....... once again many thanks....... dis