1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PTAE100 Pronto CCF

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by KW1816, Jun 27, 2002.

1. KW1816

KW1816

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    De-lurk alert !!!

I'm sure someones posted one before but damned if I can find it !

Does anyone have a Pronto CCF with the codes for the Panny PTAE100 in it that they'd like to share ? (Nothing on Remote central)

Kevin.

Oh, and TimH you can add me to the owners list :D

2. Timh

Timh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +140
    Hi Kevin

You have pm.

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone got the same for a Panasonic 75U? Should be getting my Marantz 5200i today, hopefully. I must admit I havent checked RemoteCentral yet though.

4. pinda

pinda

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    whats a pronto ccf? :confused:

5. Timh

Timh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +140
    Hi Pinda

What you haven't got a Pronto yet! :eek:

A Pronto is a Philips Pronto infered remote control, you can basically replace all your remotes with one. A CCf is a file of someones configeration, which contains all the commands and bitmaps for their configeration.
    If you pop over to www.remotecentral.com you can download prontoedit, this is a software utility which enables you to modify your Pronto with your computer. After downloading prontoedit download someones CCF. you can then click on the Emulate button in Prontoedit, this then gives you a vertual Pronto remote on your screen which you can click on and see what happens. Its a good idea to play with this software before buying a Pronto, it can be a bit Brain taxing sometimes getting used to setting up your Pronto, but it is well worth it at the end of the day.

6. pinda

pinda

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ah Ha! Thanks tim...this is probably the most stupid question you've ever heard.."why can't i see teletext on my panny 100ae"??? And is there any way you can store display settings for s-vid/composite inputs?? I hate changing them manually. Thanks Pinda

7. pinda

pinda

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    brightness contrast..etc

8. Timh

Timh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +140
    I believe the only way to display teletext on the AE100 is to connect it to an AV scart out socket on your tv, my sony tv does this, the projector will then display whatever your tv is switched to, bit of a pain really ( I think some early vcr's had teletext also)
    The settings should stay the same as your previous adjustment, but yes its a pitty there are no memory banks to store your differant personnel settings like what you get with Sony tele's.

9. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Or if you're using a PCI TV capture card in your HTPC (I'm using Pinnacle's PCTV Rave), you've got teletext on your PJ :D

It's actually far better than any TV teletext facility, working like internet explorer.

Instant access to pages, search facility, etc...

10. DVDcake

DVDcake

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Timh I can't comment on your TV but previous Sonys I have owned will not output teletext on the scart socket. Instead you just get the picture of whatever channel the tuner is set to.

11. DVDcake

DVDcake

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi adidajnz, did the PT-LC75E you ordered off eBay a while back arrive ok?

12. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yeah, it arrived within a day or two of the bank transfer going through. Can boxed brand new with everything just as the factory had packed it.

I must admit that after a week I havent tried it yet, but thats because I'm being firm on myself to get my PC up and working as an HTPC before I put the projector in place. problem being my new motherboard (dont buy gigabyte, they have flawed batches and wont admit it) came DOA so I'm rma'ing it and getting another.

Will put together a PC tonight to give it a test. Cant wait, been holding out on seeing Lord of the Rings until the projector arrived.

13. DVDcake

DVDcake

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Good to hear that. I have been planning to use a 2 Ghz laptop as a HTPC which together with a small PJ and a portable screen will give me a completely portable system. I assume a 4:3 XGA projector could be run at the laptop and PJs native 1024 by 768 resolution without needing any additional software.:cool:

Not too sure what to get for a portable sound amplification system yet though:rolleyes: