1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PTAE100 pixel problem

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by charlie, Feb 17, 2003.

1. charlie

charlie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

Hope someone can advise on this. Bought the AE100 after months of deliverating - couldn't hold out any longer on the price drop :D

Used the service menu to check for dead pixels in the shop - none there. Whilst inspecting the screen I have found a single pixel which struggles to cope with certain colours, for example when the area is brown this pixel is green.

Rechecked using the service menu and there is definitely no problem displaying the red, blue, grey and green? screens.

The problem is not really significant, and the pixel seems to cope with other colours no problem. :confused:

Any thoughts, comments, suggestions? Any chance of it being dust that is on the panel perhaps?

Thanks in advance,

Charlie

2. charlie

charlie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Done some digging, and it sounds like I have a partially stuck pixel. :( Fortunately it is towards the edge of the image, and it does seem to cope ok with most colours, so I *think* I can live with it :)

Charlie

3. Timh

Timh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +140
    Charlie

Most people will see at least one stuck pixel, if its near to the edge its not to bad, I have one intermittent stuck pixel and I hardly ever notice it, i don't think i have even seen it this year :)

4. charlie

charlie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Tim,

Cheers for the reply, I only actually noticed it when I was having a good look at the screen close up, from normal viewing position of 10-12 feet away I simply cannot see it. :)

I'd better stop lurking here now that I have finally joined the AE100 club anyway, and post a bit more :)

Charlie