1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PTAE100 pixel and stain prob

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by realitybites, Jun 24, 2003.

1. realitybites

realitybites
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Got my pj from RW about a week ago. First ever pj so was,nt up on pj lingo dead pixels and the like. Anyway, on close inspection on grey background think I have spotted 4 dead pixels, and a strange green dot about 1 and a half inches in diameter in relation to a 7ft screen. Doesn't detract from viewing pleasure really, just wish I hadn't gone looking. Anyone had this green dot prob and knows if it would develop into something worse. Also, pixels, sure I read thet you have to have 6 or more dead pixels before panasonic would look at it. Stupid question, but will these pixels ever correct themselves and can I lose anymore pixels? Pj came with 2 hrs use, on 24 now.

Thanks

2. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,908
    Diffuse 'stain' is probably a dust particle in the optics. Solution is to partly dismantle and blow clean with an aerosol blower. Not sure how easy this is on the Panny - it's a 10 minute job (including demounting and remounting) with a VW10.

Bad pixels - rarely arise during use. Also, rarely 'cure' themselves either - it's usually a manufacturing 'defect' (aka 'tolerance').

If I were you, I'd return it.

3. realitybites

realitybites
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Nigel, think I might return it and leave my screwdriver gathering dust.