1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PTAE100 - Offsetting to side?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by marc_ely, Mar 13, 2003.

1. marc_ely

marc_ely
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Thinking of replacing my ageing LCD projector with a PTAE100.

My projection room is blended into my living room so I have to compromise a bit on picture. At the moment my old projector can't compensate for side offsetting. i.e. the projector lens is not directly in the middle of the screen. This results in a slightly trapezoid shaped image.

Screen: |---------------------------|
    Proj: _
    ___| |_
    |______|

To all owners of PTAE100's - can the projector compensate for this offset and produce a nice rectangular image?

Cheers,
    Marc

2. calibos

calibos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Neither can the AE100. It only has vertical keystone. The soon to be launched (in the UK) AE300 does have horizontal keystone but that will be in the region of Stg£1700

3. John_N

John_N

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The AE100 has been getting some seriously negative feedback on reliability recently.... From what I hear, even turning it on gives you a moment of suspense as you wonder whether it's going to blow up or not... Seriously!!! :eek:

Maybe you might want to consider a rather less exciting but more reliable unit.... like the HS10...:rotfl: :rotfl:

Or alternatively you could look at the HS10 :clap:

And finally if you get tired of all that just go and buy an HS10.... :smashin:

J

4. marc_ely

marc_ely
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I did have a look at the HS10 before but I thought the Panny was favourite. Looking through stuff I see the problems people have had though.

So does the HS10 allow horizontal keystone correction like I need?

I'll try and find the manual and a UK supplier.

Cheers,
    Marc

5. Bristol Pete

Bristol Pete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +321
    Mate,

Have you considered the Sanyo Z1. This PJ actually has a manual lens shift dial at the front of the unit that will allow the picture to be shifted approx. half the picture size you require, both up and down, left and right.

Check out the Sanyo website -

http://www.sanyo-lcdp.com/english/product/plvz1/plvz1_01.html

It may not have the resolution of the HS10 but on average £1000.00 cheaper. I have had this PJ demoed by Owl Video and I was impressed at the picture for the price, with no screendoor evident on an 8 foot screen from just 8 feet.

You can get it for £1050.00 excl. VAT at

http://www.nexnix.co.uk/

IMHO it is a very practical projector especially in the kind of set up your original post refers to. The lens shift actually saves you from ketstone adjustment and therefore you do not sacrifice picture quality.

Like every unit under discussion here it has its plus and minus points but certainly consider it. I know I am.

Regards,

Captain Benefit.

6. marc_ely

marc_ely
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Many thanks for the Sanyo suggestion.
    The HS10 is a little way out of my priceleague... by about a grand!

Cheers,
    Marc