PTAE100 Help!! Lamp Problem?

Donnacha

Distinguished Member
Hi,

last night my Panny PTAE100 locked up (i.e. I couldn't switch it off via the remote or the buttons on the PJ) so I switched it off at the mains..I had to! When I fired it back up the screen came on for about 10 seconds then it shuts itself down again with the lamp LED flashing red!

So according to the manual it said to let it cool down for a while and try later, so I did - same thing. Left it over night, this morning the same thing! It comes on for about 10 seconds and then powers off, with the lamp light flashing!

Anyone any experience of this? Is it a big fix, new bulb (there's about 1500 - 1800 hours on the current lamp), write off?

Cheers for looking and any help

Donnacha

tomthx

Standard Member
Don't know if it was the same problem but I had to replace the "Ballist board" at a cost of AU$500 a few months ago. The projector was turning on and then off althought the lamp light didn't come on.

Looking at upgrading to the AE900 shortly.

A

a9ennis

I know this will not help you but you could have put your vacume hoover up to the exhaust vent to maintain cooling as you pulled the power out!! Might help someone who reads this.

Hope you get it fixed

Donnacha

Distinguished Member
Thanks for the tip, ...I'll hopefully get a chance to try it next time.

The repair shop are looking at it on Friday (£25 just to look at it and tell me what's wrong...but its a deposit if I get the work done). On the phone he reckoned it wasn't too serious, based on what I told him, the fact that the PJ actually comes on and I can see the picture for about 10-20 seconds before shutting down again!

Fingers crossed!

Donnacha

Distinguished Member
...I'm very upset!! The repair shop has just quoted me £411.25 + VAT to repair this!!!!

He said it was the lamp and some switch!!

Can you believe that!? How can it be the lamp if it actually fires up and I can see everythin before it shuts itself down again??

Very depressed!

cyberheater

Cheaper to get another PJ. Sell your's as spares on ebay and get a ET1.

fasterthanjesus

Standard Member
mine did the same thing recently.

dull picture for about 10 seconds, phasing in and out, to eventually a dark screen.

was told parts 200 + 100 labour.

Anim

fasterthanjesus said:
mine did the same thing recently.

dull picture for about 10 seconds, phasing in and out, to eventually a dark screen.

was told parts 200 + 100 labour.
Spend an extra £75 (375) and get an ET1 which is reportedly better than AE100, AE200 etc..

fasterthanjesus

Standard Member
Donnacha said:
did you get a new one or get yours repaired?

mine is sat in workshop in clitheroe (they said they would give me free estimate).

and since theyve given it the last rites, its propably not worth the 2hr round trip to collect.

theres less than 400 hours on the bulb. i may just wait for one to appear on ebay and try and cobble a good one out of two bad.

as it stand now, anything over 150 is not justifiable. (according to my wife). :nono:

Donnacha

Distinguished Member
Tried a new bulb in mine tonight - Put in lamp, fired it up and hey presto it worked and stayed on! All excited and happy. Then it wouldn't power down, all the buttons had locked up again! So had to switch off at the mains :eek:

Left it to cool down, ....then dead!! :(

The LAMP and TEMP light light up when I flick the switch, then they go out as always, but the power light does not light up red. Is this because of the microswitch that the repair shop said was also causing trouble???

Anyway, will give shop one more try tomorrow to ask opinion then I may give up!!

C

cbachalo

When I attempt to power up, I get no light, then after a couple minutes the fan comes on, the lamp light flashes and it goes into standby.

Turning power off and on or unplugging does not fix.

I brought it in for repair a couple weeks back and of course no fault found. They were confident that the bulb was not the problem. The bulbs either work or they don't. Now, two weeks later it does it again.

It may have to be unplugged for several hours.

I will now be attempting to get it replaced since it is only 3 months old.

Donnacha

Distinguished Member
I would definitely get it replaced - save yourself the hassle of over and back with the service centre, just get it replaced and you'll sleep easy!

By the way I never got my AE100 fixed, just bought a 2nd hand one for cheaper than the repair costs!!! I'll upgrade to a HD PJ when HD material is more readily available. Thinking about getting the hitachi ptx200, as the bulbs seem reasonably cheap!

Trending threads

Latest news

T+A expands E-Series with PA 1100E integrated amplifier
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Bowers & Wilkins unveils new PX wireless ANC headphones
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Roku Premiere streaming device with 4K HDR hits UK
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
CTA launches 8K UHD TV display certification programme