1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ptae100 and type of screen

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by smicker, Aug 6, 2002.

1. smicker

smicker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Could some one recomend a screen and some where to buy it .
    i do require a manual pull down of about 6ft. I have only come acroos Da-Lite screens ?
    Also what is the best way of conecting Ae100 and Arcam DV88 PS2 SKy digi box (no svideo on box) and vcr (no svideo)
    Some of you have had enough money to get an I scan does it improve the picture that much?

Cheers
    Smicker

2. RichardH

RichardH
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
  3. Porrm

Porrm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Whooooa, had your horses!

I don't know about anyone elso but I'm not all that pleased with my Dalite screen.

The texture of the fabric seems to show up in the picture as vertical lines and it's started to develop worrying ripples which annoy's the p1ss out of me when anything pans accross the screen.

I wish I had spent a bit more and looked else where. Or as I found out by accident just painted my wall with ice storm number 5!!

I put the screen up while a film was still running and even on a wall painted dark green the picture looked ok!!!

Save your money Matey!

Porrm:)

4. RichardH

RichardH
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Well yes - I'm going down the home made screen route myself, but it's difficult to do a pull down screen yourself - I have the luxury of being able to build a fixed screen.
    Some people have used blackout blinds either left white, or painted grey (Icestorm 5 or 6 - both being Dulux colours for neutral greys) with some PVA added to help the paint stay attached to the curled blind.

5. piotr1969

piotr1969
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Give DRH Screens call, they not exactly Stuart but definitely more sensible priced.
    I believe that screen you require will cost you around £100 , they do advertise in home cinema choice magazine. The number is 02088855504 and they are based in north London.