1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ptae 300 vs Sanyo Z2

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Saint Legend, Dec 2, 2003.

1. Saint Legend

Saint Legend

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Newbie here! Just a few curious questions, Buget at this moment in time is £1250.

1) Is the Sanyo z2 noticebly better than the Ptea 300?

2) Is the sanyo z2 worth the extra money ?

3) Where is the cheapest place I can get the Sanyo z2 ?

4) Are people trading in their Ptae 300 for the Sanyo Z2 ? if yes Why ?

5) Which machine is more reliable ie Suffers from less Dust problems , Dead Pixels etc

6) Who are the best retailers to order from ?

Any help much appreciated :smashin:

Saint Legend

2. pacemaker

pacemaker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    having seen both id say z2(i bought one) ae500 may be different kettle of fish though
    higher res /contrast/ lens shift/ warranty give z2 the edge
    panasonic using keystone was dreadfull
    retailers? i'd go for IVOJO enough threads on that
    dare say ae300 will reduce in price when ae500 comes out
    also ae300 has hdcp compatabilty problems so any future dvd players with dvi are a no no
    its a good machine though and failing a z2 would have been my choice of lcd pj's

3. uczmeg

uczmeg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Everything pacemaker said really.

The Z2 is a newer generation of LCD and as is the way with technology it's alwas improving.

If you don't want to ceiling mount don't underestimate how useful the lens shift is on the Z2, makes setting up from a coffee table and avoiding the dreaded keystoning a hell of a lot easier.

You won't get a Z2 for £1250. Cheapest is around £1450 currently. Ivojo are one of many good dealers you'll find here, as are Nexnix and Av-Sales. All have it for a similar price and offer great service. Worth getting a dead pixel check too.

AE300s are popping up in the for sale forum every so other now at a price well below your budget but if you can afford a Z2 you'll be wondering if only I spent a little more.

There is a new Z2 forsale in the forums too right now.... ;)

Of course whatever you buy you'll only want to upgrade in a few months. Best thing to do once you have your new setup is don't go and see someone else's and avoid the forums!

That advice could save you a fortune! I wish I took it...

Cheers
    Marc