Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

PTAE-100 as a Data PJ

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Andyclockwise, Apr 6, 2003.

1. Andyclockwise

Andyclockwise

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Has anyone tried to use this machine with a PC as a data PJ in a meeting or workshop? I am thinking of buying one and my needs are for the occasional use for PowerPoint shows in small darkened meeting rooms with 2-3 other people around a max 50inch screen.

I know I would be better off with a dedicated PJ but its primary use will be home cinema - don't tell the taxman! At the latest price (£675 ex VAT) I don't see any competition out there.

Any views, or alternative suggestions? My budget was up to circa £1000 ex vat

2. Chris Frost

Chris Frost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    The display will be low resolution - 640x480 pixels - so set your laptop to match for best results. Other than that it'll be fine. (Just remember to charge the running time to the business and account for the depreciation too ;) )

Regards