Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

PTA100E and improving the picture

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by dUnKle, Aug 18, 2005.

1. dUnKle

dUnKle
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,261
    Just watched the Jackie Chan version of Around the World in 80 days via my HCPC and 2 things struck me which I dont recall from when I first used my plasma

(1) Image seems rather soft - had go with the focus dial but seems not to do anything other than (suprisingly) focus the image - it still seems soft

(2) Its not very colourful - dont get me wrong its not bad and there is no blooming or banding which I understand can be colour problems but the lack of colour makes the image seem less alive. On Daytime scenes its not bad but those in dark and night seem a little washed out

Now I can not work out how to change this - I use a HCPC running MCE with a Radeon 9800pro and just wandered what settings I should be using ?