PT-LC55E Any Good

M

mariegriffiths

I am giving up on Discount Electrical haveing the Panasonic PT-AE100E in stock. The media factopry have the PT-LC55E at under £1300 is this a better deal?

It does have a lower lamp life. I don't know if you can set it on ecconomy to compensate.

Marie

Just to clarify - the AV section on our site is all priced EX vat (our corporate customers prefer this) and the Home Cinema section is incl. VAT.

The PT-LC55e is a great unit and yes it does have an economy mode.

If you are planning on using a HCPC then I would look seriously at the PT-LC55e - if its purely video sources then possibly the PT-AE100 is still the better bet.

Also (lets see if I can get this past Spectre :)) whilst we don't have the absolute lowest pricing on the PT-AE100 we also don't have the supply issues others seem to have.

If you need a brochure on the PT-LC55e please mail me and I can send you one in PDF format.

Best regards

Joe

Originally posted by Joe Fernand
If you are planning on using a HCPC then I would look seriously at the PT-LC55e - if its purely video sources then possibly the PT-AE100 is still the better bet.

I have tested the big brother PT-LC75E and the picture is better with a HTPC but both LC75E and LC55E has DCR (Digital Cinema Reality) circuitry (some kind of deinterlacer). PT-LC75E also has MLA (Micro Lens Array) panels reducing the screendoor. AE100E lack both DCR and MLA. Build quality on LC75E and LC55E seems to be better than the AE100E too.

The picture on the PT-LC75E was great by the way. HTPC slightly better than S-video but the internal scaler and "deinterlacer" (DCR) was ok. One problem is that S4:3 mode is not working on RGBHV input. That could be a problem if running it with a 16:9 screen and the progressive RGB source lack aspect ratio control...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom