• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

PT-AX100 Replacement?

barnabybc

Standard Member
Hi,

I've got a Panasonic PT-AX100 which only has about 1450 hours on the clock. I use it a few times a week, but am getting increasingly frustrated with the problem with the Iris on turning-on, and having to restart it twice now each time. I've tried to lubricate the mechanism, without much luck. So I am looking for options - if anyone has any advice, please let me know.

I see my options are:

a) Get the projector fixed by Panasonic - anyone know how much this problem will cost to fix?
b) Upgrade to a 1080p Projector - with a budget up to say £1200 for a new/second hand one. I do have a slight throw requirement - I have a 184cm screen, at a distance of 5m from the projector. Also, it needs to be good in semi-light environments, and have a good lens shift (H/V)

Any ideas... please let me know!

Cheers,

Barney

Dave163

Established Member
Worth strongly pleading with Panasonic, they fixed mine no quibble though admittedly it was a week before the two-year warranty ran out. As it was a known design flaw from the start you've done pretty well to get where you are now and you could try to negotiate a deal with them. If they don't concede maybe you could offer to pay for something like a new bulb (which at 1400 hours and four years is probably going to pop any day now) if they do the iris fix for you, that kind of thing. Good luck!

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom