1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PT-AE300 and RGB Scart

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by higenbs1, Jun 24, 2003.

1. higenbs1

higenbs1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Is anyone using their AE300 with an RGB source through the SCART socket? If so, is it any good, and how does it compare with S-Vid and component inputs.

2. themoron

themoron
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I have my Sky/DVD/Xbox/PS2 all going through RGB Scart as it is the easiest method for me. I did try using a converter to Svid but it produced a wobble onscreen. I haven't tryed component yet but I think RGB is great, it produces a lovely picture (nice colours, tones, contrast). It can be a bit soft on the old focus which is helped by turning up the sharpness a tad.

themoron :mad:)

3. tonytigerrr

tonytigerrr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    definite improvement over composite, although the difference isnt as striking as when I switch between composite and RGB on my rear-projection telly.

When I compared it to S-vid from my DVD player I couldn't see a great deal of difference - in fact if I switched it a few times without looking I couldnt tell which was which just by looking at the image.

I havent tried component yet, DVD through VGA on my PC looks great (even without 1:1 mapping) though.

4. Jack the lad

Jack the lad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +86
    I have my 300`s set up using both RGB scart and component to a dvd player. The difference is amazing. If you can go the component way. No comparrison.